• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Next weekend (May 3rd & 4th) MSI will be presenting a booth again for the annual festival. We currently are looking for volunteers to participate in outreach with average folks. Presently, we are in need of volunteers for Saturday afternoon 1500-2000. The following day we will also need volunteers for Sunday shift #1 — 1300-1530, and shift #2 —1530-1800.

If you are interested, please post here otherwise PM for more details/info.

Thank you kindly

:patriot:

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet in the advocacy world, and finally put some faces to the names you see here so often.

The Towson event is an interesting mix of people, and you will have an opportunity to learn more about how MSI interacts with the public, what information we are providing people about 2A in Maryland, and is a way for you to slowly work in to a role where you can better help the firearms community in Maryland.

We hope a good number of you who have been on the sidelines can step in and start rolling up your sleeves a bit. Things are about to get busy.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Has msi been there before. We've gone the past two years but I didn't notice. It is a great event overall.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Put me down for Sunday.

Talked to some real weirdos last time. One lady who said she used to live "Out West" where people open carried, and it was just terrible. Terrible! So I'm interested, and ask, "What state was that, pray tell?" and she says, "Texas!"

"Lady, I used to live in Texas. I spent eight years in Texas. You will never see anyone open carrying in Texas. Open carry is seriously illegal in Texas."

Then she repeated the lie: "Yes, Lots of people were wearing guns in Texas. It was terrible! Caused all sorts of problems."

"Ma'am, Open carry is illegal in Texas. I lived there for eight years. I traveled from Texarkana to Brownsville to El Paso, I never saw any civilian wearing a gun. You'll see Open Carry in Arizona sometimes, but never in Texas"

She just glared at me. Glared! Then she stalked off.

Funny hippie couple, too. Girl was all for Shall Issue. Her Daddy was a cop and taught her to shoot. Her wimpy boyfriend kept babbling how the world would be better with no guns.

"Just imagine no guns!"

"Not possible," I said. "Melt down every gun on earth and a week later we'd be knee deep in home made STEN guns. You can not make guns disappear."

"But just imagine if you could!"

"But you can't. Guns are here to stay . You can't make them disappear."

" But just pretend for a minute you could make them disappear."

"This is the real world. Guns are real. They'll never disappear."

"But pretend they aren't real. What if no one knew how to make guns?"

"You can't un-invent something. You can't un-invent knives, or spears, or bows, or guns. You have to deal with reality."

"But wouldn't it be better if there were no guns? Just imagine!"

"Then thugs and rapists would be unstoppable. A gun allows a small woman or an elderly person to resist a 21 year old thug."

"But what if no one had guns? What if everyone was nice to each other..."

"There once was a world with no guns. We call it the Dark Ages."

It went on. The kid was in Fantasy Land. His girl friend tried to reason with him: no luck. I'll bet she dumped him pretty soon after.

Oh Towson is fun. Put me on the list somewhere.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Can't do the 3rd, but might be able to put in a few hours on the 4th. Will check with the boss and advise.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The 4th is where we need help the most. Let me know what you can do, it is much appreciated, thank you.

I can offer a few hours Sunday - preferably the morning. But either way the earlier the better. Let me know what you need and I'll confirm. Feel free to PM.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    If anyone needs some extra encouragement to come out and help, this festival is in the very heart of Jim Brochin's district. You remember Jim and how well he kept his promises about FSA2013, don't you?

Here's a little reminder:

[/QUOTE]

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    My mistake, both 3 hour time slots are in the afternoon, the earliest one is from 1pm - 3:30pm.

Put me down for the 1:00 to 3:30 gig. May need a quick run down of talking points. MSI polo and kakis okay? Shoot me a PM with any special details I'll need.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Put me down for the 1:00 to 3:30 gig. May need a quick run down of talking points. MSI polo and kakis okay? Shoot me a PM with any special details I'll need.

I certainly will, and thank you very much!

There will be other members to cover an approachable method of engaging persons, I wouldn't fret much over that. As to the attire, MSI polo and khakis would be perfect.

I'll send a lot PM later if any other pertinent details present themselves.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    We are still in need of volunteers, and I'm disappointed in the response, considering it's an annual appearance for us.

The Saturday afternoon and both Sunday shifts are lacking.

I know we all have things we need to attend to, but if we are going to have any shot at changing any of this, we have to be able to step up as an organization consistently... not just the same handful of folks.

Please pop over to the MSI Forum and pitch in.

/rant

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm looking forward to it. Is a medium MSI polo handy somewheres? I'll pay for it when I show up if one is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom