• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I feel bad for the younger generation and the older folks that didn't save for retirement. Lot of people going to have some hard times ahead.

Feel bad for those who are retired or have to retire soon. Having a pot of money you are relying on that you can't put at risk, can't supplement with new income, in a time of inflation, sucks.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I should have pulled the trigger on a new boat years ago. I will just stick with my 27 year old aluminum rig. That old 25hp Mercury runs like a champ and the boat don’t leak a drop! Plus, it fits in my garage.

LOL, sometimes (very often) the wisdom of “just being content,” even (especially) if it’s just to ride out a market cycle can be a real blessing! :thumbsup:

soco

May 21, 2012
    True. We ordered our boat back in summer of last year. Just took delivery of it in December. We have a 2021 Tahoe 550TS with the double axle trailer with the 150 hp Mercury. The trailer was completed 3 months before the boat. Bass Pro is just busy. They make great products and the demand is high for any sort of entertainment that is not restricted by a damn mask.

that thing with a 150 must be a hoot! probably does over 40mph

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    And with energy prices starting to rise and the price at the pumps are already up .40/gallon, you can imagine the "Oh, Sh*t Epiphanies" that will be occurring at the fuel docks this spring.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I would (and did when I pulled the trigger) go for a used boat.

You should save some money buying used if you take your time and wait for the right deal. The prices of used boats are going up just like the new boats. Lets face it everything is going up right now!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Just heard about these two polyethylene boat makers from Oz.

Pretty neat concept that the boats are practically indestructible and unsinkable. Plus pack a nice wgt and hp capacity for such a small boat.

The Whaly's with the bow door/platform/ramp seems ideal for divers, pulling nets/pots or letting the kids assault the beaches at Normandy or Guadalcanal.

https://www.polycraft.com/

https://www.whalyboatsusa.com/

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Where did you get your information Brian?

I saw it on a dealer website. When I was looking for a jon boat last year I called Lowe and Alumacraft and they both gave me similar stories. We ended up finding a nice clean used one in North Carolina.

2021 Lowe Boats L1648 MT AURA
    PRICE IS BOAT HULL ONLY... STOCK #3055k ***NOTE*** LOWE BOATS HAS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT IS PRODUCTION FOR 2021 MODEL YEAR...WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR 2021. UNFORTUNATELY THIS PANDEMIC HAS COMPLETELY STRAINED THE MARINE INDUSTRY. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE *** ADD THE FACOTRY BLACK PAINTED TRAILER FOR $998.00. *** ADD THE BOW MOUNT TROLLING MOTOR PLATE FOR $38.00 *** ADD THE LOWE FACTORY SIDE CONSOLE STEERING KIT, WITH MERCURY CONTROLS AND CABLES, (NOT INSTALLED) $695.00
    https://www.bigbeeboats.com/New-Inv...-L1648-MT-AURA-Duncannon-Pennsylvania-6460744

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Rec’d moments ago ... (now is still NOT the time!)

BOAT INVENTORIES LOW, SALES HIGH

https://thefishingwire.com/boat-inventories-low-sales-high-2/

The NMMA says current inventory levels are still tracking 20%-60% below normal for the domestic recreational boating industry.
    2020 was both a historic year for retail boat sales and a disruptive year for boat builders working to meet the heightened demand and replenish record low inventories amid challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
    According to NMMA’s latest Monthly Shipment Report, wholesale shipments of new powerboats during December gained momentum compared to November to close out 2020 down 15% for the year compared to 2019.
    Of note in the December Monthly Shipment Report, manufacturing of personal watercraft, outboard boats, jet boats and sterndrive boats ramped up in December, boosting powerboat wholesale shipments up 17% compared to November.
    “Boat builders are shipping approximately 20,000 new boats monthly and operating at 13% above normal levels to restock anemic inventories ahead of peak selling season,” said Vicky Yu, NMMA’s Director of Business Intelligence. “Continued supply chain disruption and workforce issues, combined with an average order backlog of up to six months, will challenge manufacturers to keep up with new orders through at least 2021.”
    ITR Economics’ January 2021 forecast on boat building production is also available on NMMA.org. The latest report projects that by the end of 2021, boat production in the U.S. will steadily rebound through 2021 and remain at near 2019 production levels through 2023.
    “Wholesale shipments of new powerboats are currently outpacing growth in ITR Economics latest forecast an average of 12% with an encouraging uptick in shipments in December,” noted Yu. “We expect production levels to ebb and flow this year as manufacturers work to get back up to speed and supplier deliveries stabilize. A lot will depend on what type of buying activity we see this spring and summer as things start to open up.”
    To access the Monthly Shipment Report and ITR Economics forecast, visit NMMA.org/statistics.

Attachments

• AE3155DB-46D0-4B8E-A161-0B708503040B.jpg
      AE3155DB-46D0-4B8E-A161-0B708503040B.jpg
      130 KB · Views: 189

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Anything that allows independent recreation has become unrealistically priced, and is in limited supply.
    RV's
    Boats
    Camping gear/ camping locations
    Housing/land near and around recreational areas... take a look at sales at Deep creek lake last year.. WOW!
    Disney Stock $193. the last time I looked
    Reloading supplies gone all gone
    Bullets
    Guns

I am predicting there will be a glut of hardly used recreational items for sale at reasonable rates in 2022. This doesn't include reloading gear,bullets or guns. Sorry.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Rec’d moments ago ... (now is still NOT the time!)

BOAT INVENTORIES LOW, SALES HIGH

I'm hoping a lot of first time boat owners decide its not for them and the used market is good in a few years.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Anything that allows independent recreation has become unrealistically priced, and is in limited supply.
    RV's
    Boats
    Camping gear/ camping locations
    Housing/land near and around recreational areas... take a look at sales at Deep creek lake last year.. WOW!
    Disney Stock $193. the last time I looked
    Reloading supplies gone all gone
    Bullets
    Guns

I am predicting there will be a glut of hardly used recreational items for sale at reasonable rates in 2022. This doesn't include reloading gear,bullets or guns. Sorry.

I agree with you about this one.... Unemployment checks and stimulus checks can't make payments forever. Lot of people right now living check to check and have no business getting into a boat/RV loan.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    12 months ago, a 2x4 x8' stud was 1.75,, it is now 6.67
    PT lumber tripled or more.
    All materials are sharply going up,,, better hold on, the crash is a coming

Have any of you seen the new pricing for Tracker boats? A 2021 Tracker Jon 1754 is now $4700. They were like $3400 last year. That is a huge increase. And that is just for the boat. No trailer, motor, electronics, anything! The other boats have gone up in price also. I was thinking of getting one this spring but not at those prices. I am wondering if other manufacturers are doing the same thing. The price of fishing is getting expensive guys. Not like years past when you could buy a really nice boat for 25K. Top of the line boat now getting close to 100K. Sorry but I am talking about 21' and under boats not the big offshore rigs.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    We are replacing our existing 2 wave runners and put in a deposit in the fall to reserve stock. Dealer in OC had us wait till feb and the "show prices" come out. There was no show and Yamaha decided no promotions. Previously, they gave free stuff or extended warranties.
    I had some maintenance on the fishing boat twins in the fall ahead of schedule cause I sure did not want to have to worry about it this year. Parts for fixing engines are also low on inventory and even before the pandemic, Outboard mechanics were in short supply.
    I have almost a dozen buddy fishing trips in the plans this year to pay back some Karma from others that I could not do last year. Woe is me, I"ll just have to suck it up and go fishing all summer :)

I'm hoping a lot of first time boat owners decide its not for them and the used market is good in a few years.
    I hear ya, I don't fish locally around my main home but out in Ocean City and thought about getting something for the reservoir cause #2 son REALLY likes bass fishing (he fished last year in a private lake that he no longer has access to).
    I'm not even going to attempt it this year, maybe next year things will calm down and as you say , the market will open up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom