• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    I'm most likely going to be on the market for a transferable Sten early next year and would like some info on what to look out for and avoid. Also, I've seen the prices all over the place online ranging from 6-14k. What should I reasonably expect to pay for one? Finally, are there any places in state that would have them or good people to talk to that may be interested in selling in the future? I'd like to avoid the extra tax stamp from an out of state transfer, but I'm not too hopeful on that last part. Thank you in advance for the info!

Last edited:

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Thanks for the info! I thought there was a $200 stamp from dealer to dealer? Maybe I heard wrong. I'm new to involving dealers in nfa stuff. Usually I just form 1 my stuff. Also, I talked to Dennis tonight and he quoted me 10-12k for a tube gun at today's rates, so I may have to check elsewhere since he seems to be on the high side of the range I've seen online.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    C&R near 14K
    Tube guns 6-8K
    Stenlings 8-10K

Guy up in PA has them most of the time. Dennis Tod IIRC

Where are you finding 6k tube guns??? :)

I bought from DT a few years back. Not sure I’m understanding the out of state extra stamp.

If its in an out-of-state private owners hands, someone has to pay a F4 to get it TO a dealer (USUALLY the seller offers to pay this.) Then you have to pay a F4 to get it FROM your dealer.
    There is only one F4 stamp if its already in a dealers hands. F3 transfers from dealer to dealer are free.

Edit: You will pay more from a delaer like Dennis, Reuben, etc than a private transfer. This is no different than semi-auto sales. The private sale involves more risk.

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    sturmgewehr

Nice Amnesty Sten MkII on it now for 11.5K
    Probably a bit more than I'm looking to spend. I don't need it to be original, just a reliable tube gun shooter. If anyone happens to know someone in the state that may want to sell, feel free to send them my way

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Have you shot one? Do you shoot with us, MDTCA MG club? If not you should try it first. We have several Stens in the club you could try out first. If you want to know more about the club email me at phiteshe@vt.edu

A Sten recently sold inside our club from the $6-7K price range.

A Sten can be C&R, in which case you can transfer direct to you even from out of state with a C&R license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom