• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is it legal for me to meet my budding in a parking lot and transfer my rifle to his car, which will be in its case without any ammo of course, if I we are going to the range.
    I'm not sure if this is considered being "engaged in" the activity of going target shooting to the range.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    It would apply to all regulated firearms, correct? Ditto on the crowd, non-regulated, GTG.
    No. The handgun transportation statute only applies to handguns.

There is no such thing as a regulated long gun in Maryland. The ones that were formerly regulated are now on the banned list.
    The definition of regulated firearm still includes the list of regulated long guns. They may only be transferred in limited circumstances, but they are still included in the definition.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    No. The handgun transportation statute only applies to handguns.

The definition of regulated firearm still includes the list of regulated long guns. They may only be transferred in limited circumstances, but they are still included in the definition.
    Thanks; I thought those "limited" circumstances for regulated firearms were similar to pistols, ie, range, gunsmith, gunshop, etc.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As noted, they are still considered in the definition of a regulated firearm. They are not covered by the 4-203 transport statute however.

MD BGOS victims

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom