• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hennyone

Jan 28, 2014
    Baltimore
    If you rent a room or a vacation house in MD is it considered transporting your firearm to another residence? I ask this because it is legal to transport a regulated firearm between residences in this state.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My interpretation over a lot of years is yes. Also applies if you have an RV and stop at a park to rent a spot for the night. As long as you are not transporting them in an illegal manor once you stop or arrive it is the same as being your own home. Would not apply say to stopping overnight at a Walmart parking lot because there is no rental and no expecation of privacy relative to a "home". Does not matter if you own the vacation property or rent/lease it. As long as you are complying with the firearm laws of the local juristiction. So per Heller you can't use this as a reason to transport them to Wash.DC unless they already comply with WDC law on ownership. But in most states this is a moot point because they allow firearms in the home.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    If you rent a room or a vacation house in MD is it considered transporting your firearm to another residence? I ask this because it is legal to transport a regulated firearm between residences in this state.

rental or own is really the same thing, I even believe that a motel room would be a temporary domicile.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is another thread on this.

The only caveat is whether there would be any firearms prohibition in the lease/rental agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom