• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Well... The good news is I think we really can make this a thing... but...

Here's the bad news.

I just called as I'd originally planned to do today, and it turns out that is their #1 busiest day of the year.

PUNT!!!

So what 'bout the 30th of November (Sunday)???

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The gal I talked to said it was pretty much like that all weekend.

The wimmens go choppin', the menfolk bring family along for chootin'

If there's another venue to secure, I'm still game, Fri or Sun.

CCGC on Sunday, but that is trap only. Based upon my chat with the guy running the show the last time I was out there, CCGC could actually use the money a lot more than PG Trap & Skeet. Possumman and I were trying to talk him into setting up a 5 stand course at the far left side of the range. Could also use it for skeet too if they wanted to.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    CCGC on Sunday, but that is trap only. Based upon my chat with the guy running the show the last time I was out there, CCGC could actually use the money a lot more than PG Trap & Skeet. Possumman and I were trying to talk him into setting up a 5 stand course at the far left side of the range. Could also use it for skeet too if they wanted to.

I was at CCGC chootin' trap this past Sunday (11/16) and found out they will be CLOSED on Sunday 11/30. They're only open to the public on Sundays 1 to 4 PM and Wednesday evenings 5 to 8 PM (not positive the Wednesday hours are correct).

Also the financial side of things regarding CCGC is another reason why I want to support them for chootin' trap. I belong to Mayberry GPA but we don't have a scheduled "trap" shooting program at Mayberry.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was at CCGC chootin' trap this past Sunday (11/16) and found out they will be CLOSED on Sunday 11/30. They're only open to the public on Sundays 1 to 4 PM and Wednesday evenings 5 to 8 PM (not positive the Wednesday hours are correct).

Also the financial side of things regarding CCGC is another reason why I want to support them for chootin' trap. I belong to Mayberry GPA but we don't have a scheduled "trap" shooting program at Mayberry.

That sucks that they will be closed. Oh well.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

That sucks that they will be closed. Oh well.

Weather permitting, I'll be there (CCGC) this Sunday 11/23 at 1 PM. If anybody wants to come out and choot trap, bring your shotgun (minimum of 24" barrel) and ammo (limited to 2 3/4", 3 drams powder or equivalent, 1 1/8 ounces of shot, and shot size no larger than 7 1/2). They do have 12 gauge (not sure about 20 gauge) ammo there for purchase for use at their facilities.

Cost for a round of trap (25 birds) is $4.00 for non-members.

Last edited:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Weather permitting, I'll be there (CCGC) this Sunday 11/23 at 1 PM. If anybody wants to come out and choot trap, bring your shotgun (minimum of 24" barrel) and ammo (limited to 2 3/4", 3 drams powder or equivalent, 1 1/8 ounces of shot, and shot size no larger than 7 1/2). They do have 12 gauge (not sure about 20 gauge) ammo there for purchase for use at their facilities ($8.00 per box I think).

Cost for a round of trap (25 birds) is $4.00 for non-members.

So far the weather looks like it's going to cooperate this Sunday (11/23), sunny and in the 50's, for trap chootin' at CCGC in Eldersburg. Also it seems as there will be several MDS'ers that'll be coming out. Join in the fun, bring your shottie and ammo (see my quoted post above for specs) an' let's do some "bus'sin' some caps in yo' bird". :D CCGC opens at 1 PM and closes at 4 PM.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    So far the weather looks like it's going to cooperate this Sunday (11/23), sunny and in the 50's, for trap chootin' at CCGC in Eldersburg. Also it seems as there will be several MDS'ers that'll be coming out. Join in the fun, bring your shottie and ammo (see my quoted post above for specs) an' let's do some "bus'sin' some caps in yo' bird". :D CCGC opens at 1 PM and closes at 4 PM.

I'm in. BTW, something to keep in mind. CCGC has a winter Trap League that started on Sundays. That being said, they will have a practice trap set up from 8 am to 3 pm. I do not know how this impacts public trap from 1 to 4, but I don't think we have to wait until 1 pm to get started.

http://www.carrollgun.com/default.asp?menu=league

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Sad to see we lost out on the original plan for Friday. That said, I can make the get together tomorrow but haven't bought a gun yet. Would someone be willing to let me borrow a gun to use and provide some instruction?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sad to see we lost out on the original plan for Friday. That said, I can make the get together tomorrow but haven't bought a gun yet. Would someone be willing to let me borrow a gun to use and provide some instruction?

Barring a catastrophe, I'll be there tomorrow around 1:00. So far, it is just me, but my two brothers are debating coming along. I'll bring a spare gun or three and can give some instruction. Guns will be 12 gauge unless somebody specifically requests a 20 gauge.

Disclaimer: My actual shooting performance is not indicative of the level of instruction you will get, which will be reflected by you breaking or not breaking targets (please be a natural) lol. I will do my best to help you break targets, but there is no guarantee of targets turning to dust or a refund for the cost of my free services. lol However, having shot trap three or four times now, I feel pretty confident about breaking one or two out of 25 tomorrow and in the ability to provide a ton of advice to the person shooting his/her first round. Hopefully, the ton of advice I am willing to provide is correct advice.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I'm in. BTW, something to keep in mind. CCGC has a winter Trap League that started on Sundays. That being said, they will have a practice trap set up from 8 am to 3 pm. I do not know how this impacts public trap from 1 to 4, but I don't think we have to wait until 1 pm to get started.

http://www.carrollgun.com/default.asp?menu=league

I was there chootin last Sunday and they had us down at the lower end 3 trap houses. The league shooters were using the trap houses near the immediate vicinity of the clubhouse.

Fabs, your offer is a good one and I'm sure TonyB will appreciate it.

Looks like tomorrow will be Fabs, NY Transplant, TonyB, MEGARMS, Lou45, and Lou45's attorney. I haven't heard back from SNI and Bolts Rock as of yet and if they're coming, Mopar will be in attendance too. Most likely but not at all certain, there will prolly be a few more MDS'ers showin' up.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Barring a catastrophe, I'll be there tomorrow around 1:00. So far, it is just me, but my two brothers are debating coming along. I'll bring a spare gun or three and can give some instruction. Guns will be 12 gauge unless somebody specifically requests a 20 gauge.

Disclaimer: My actual shooting performance is not indicative of the level of instruction you will get, which will be reflected by you breaking or not breaking targets (please be a natural) lol. I will do my best to help you break targets, but there is no guarantee of targets turning to dust or a refund for the cost of my free services. lol However, having shot trap three or four times now, I feel pretty confident about breaking one or two out of 25 tomorrow and in the ability to provide a ton of advice to the person shooting his/her first round. Hopefully, the ton of advice I am willing to provide is correct advice.

Fantastic, thank you for the offer. I've got no trap or shotgun experience so I'll likely hang back for the first few rounds to see how things operate. I will keep an eye out for you tomorrow and introduce myself. I'm easy to spot- 6'1" and skinny as a rail. I'll likely wear my MDS hat for easier ID.

Besides eyes, ears and a pocket of money is there anything else I should bring along?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fantastic, thank you for the offer. I've got no trap or shotgun experience so I'll likely hang back for the first few rounds to see how things operate. I will keep an eye out for you tomorrow and introduce myself. I'm easy to spot- 6'1" and skinny as a rail. I'll likely wear my MDS hat for easier ID.

Besides eyes, ears and a pocket of money is there anything else I should bring along?

Can you stop at Walmart and pick up a bulk pack of 12 gauge shells. They come in a 100 pack in either Federal or Winchester. #7 1/2 shot would be best for trap. These shells are for you to shoot. Think they cost $26. I'll bring shells for myself, but I can't supply shells for everybody that I loan a gun to. Sadly, my pockets don't run that deep just yet.

Dress warmly. Nothing like being cold while shooting, other than being cold while hunting, fishing, or cycling. Makes all of the activities less enjoyable.

Edit to add, I look like the short guy in this photo:

Attachments

• MdShooters27.jpg
      MdShooters27.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 112

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

You should probably stop at Walmart and pick up a 4 pack of 12 gauge shells. I can bring you a 4 pack if you like. They are about $26 or $27.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    You should probably stop at Walmart and pick up a 4 pack of 12 gauge shells. I can bring you a 4 pack if you like. They are about $26 or $27.

The last time I was at Wally World, they were about $28.50 with tax for a 100 rd value pack. TonyB, you may wanna' write this down; get 12 gauge 2 3/4", 3 drams or equivalent, 1 or 1 1/8 ounces of shot, and 7 1/2 or 8 shot. With this you should be good to go.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    You guys are alright. See you in the am. I'll grab two bulk packs one for me and one for fabs for letting me shoot your gun.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was there chootin last Sunday and they had us down at the lower end 3 trap houses. The league shooters were using the trap houses near the immediate vicinity of the clubhouse.

Fabs, your offer is a good one and I'm sure TonyB will appreciate it.

Looks like tomorrow will be Fabs, NY Transplant, TonyB, MEGARMS, Lou45, and Lou45's attorney. I haven't heard back from SNI and Bolts Rock as of yet and if they're coming, Mopar will be in attendance too. Most likely but not at all certain, there will prolly be a few more MDS'ers showin' up.

SNI and Bolt Rock are in. Haven't heard back from Mopar or Lou45's attorney.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    SNI and Bolt Rock are in. Haven't heard back from Mopar or Lou45's attorney.

Is there really a screen name on here by the name of Lou45's attorney? lol Like I told Mopar and 6Den today, it is hard enough putting faces to screen names, but then I have to put names to faces and screen names to faces and screen names to names. My brain is about to splode. Then, when I write in public on here to somebody I know by face and name, I have to remember to use their screen name so I don't out their secret identity. Too much pressure. I'm going to crack. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom