• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I think the Potomac is washed out at Violettes now and plan on taking my canoe, my buddy, and 10-yr old son to Triadelphia - any hints? Tips? I can go on Brighton Dam road, but prefer some sneaky inside info...never been. 2 good fishermen and a punk who can cast - no, not a zebco, but a real reel.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    You'll have to go to Brighton Dam irregardless - you have to get a WSSC permit (for a fee) for the days you use Triadelphia or Rocky Gorge (the resevoir below Tridelphia) That is how it used to be - I havent fished Tridelphia in over 12 years - the Spring was not too bad - I caught my record amount of crappie in one day there - think it was over 120. No real size to most of the fish. I used to not really fish Tridelphia in the Dog Days of Summer - usally went elsewhere. I did hook something huge one time - right at the floats / ropes where you cannot boat past. I was fishing a large Roadrunner jig with a Curltail grub - something big nailed -stripped some drag, ended up breaking the line - so I never saw what it was. Could have been anything.

Below the dam - Ive seen some big Pike swimming by - but all in all the fishing is kinda tough there. Wish I knew what I know now about walleye fishing -- probably would have done better.

Kilgore Trout

Dec 18, 2010
    Any place to park and walk for some decent shore fishing? I will likely be pushing an "offroad" stroller so the walk needs to be short. I have been doing lake clopper but would like to try something else.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    The last few times I tried to fish Tridelphia/Rocky Gorge the water was so low it was almost impossible to launch my boat.

Deep crankbaits worked the best for me the last time I fished it in the middle of the summer like this.

Kilgore Trout

Dec 18, 2010
    How about centennial lake? Just read the DNR website and it claims they have an "overabundance" of bass. Looks like it might be the kind of place that gets crazy crowded though.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    How about centennial lake? Just read the DNR website and it claims they have an "overabundance" of bass. Looks like it might be the kind of place that gets crazy crowded though.

I'm not so sure that;s really accurate anymore, but you can definitely catch a bunch of 10 to 12" Bass there.

The Crappie fishing used to be terrific, but the locals really put a strain on the fish population. They'll keep just about ANYTHING.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    If you want a good place to bank fish in Montgo Co in the summer - try Black Hills / Little Seneca. Great bass fishing from the banks. Flip soft plastic baits (texas rigged lizards or worms) along the fall downs - and the bass are hiding under them. Pumkinseed & natural colored baits work great as the water is clear. Both the Germantown & Boyds side are great areas to fish. You can run electric motored boats in there as well. I miss that place alot - was one of my favorite places to fish in Montgoco.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Ive fished clopper a few times - the Bass quality is much better in Black Hills/ Little Seneca. The Lake is alot bigger as well. You can boat Black Hills as well - there is a public ramp on the Germantown side. You can only use electric motors. You can also rent boats at Black Hills.

PS does Clopper still have all those deer running around the park? They used to do a lottery for a managed hunt there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom