• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Thought about this conceal carry section on the way home from a quick run to pick up some sushi and a stop at the grocery store and felt it might be worthwhile to the inexperienced guys and Blaster *wink, wink*.

The shopping center where both the sushi and grocery are is 1.5 miles away and I believe for short trips in the car I should run the temp gauge until it is maxed for a well working machine. Condensation…blah, blah, blah. I can explain further if someone wants to know, but the point is it took me about 10-12 minutes to get there and 5-6 minutes to get back home. In and out of the sushi place, then quickly picked up 2 items in the grocery, total time from parking to pulling away, 15 minutes. Round trip 30-35 minutes.

Pictures 1 & 2 are a set.

Pictures 3 & 4 area set.

Picture 5 is the result of no undershirt and a look at the trigger guard “holster”.

When I parked in the lot I had the gun in the highest most comfortable position as in picture 3 & 4. Pictures 1 & 2 were an adjustment I made after the sushi place while facing my open trunk and rotating around an axis at roughly the trigger, putting the sights and barrel deeper in my pants and that made a huge difference in printing. I made this adjustment after seeing what the breeze did to printing as I walked up to the restaurant and got (overly) concerned…but no one was giving a chit what my waistband looked like.

Finished everything and back at the car and now sitting down it wasn’t comfortable with the pistol so deep into the goodie box. It sorta eased with some adjustment. I had called in the order and then thought about carrying, but I should have taken a few seconds to chose a better holster, or put on a wife-beater undershirt. All in all, it wasn’t terrible for a quick run to the store and other holsters would have printed way more with this plain and proper fitting shirt.

Comments about my 1980’s kitchen and my man **** are not appreciated. Now let me see if I can place these images in the right order.

Attachments

• GuardCover1.jpg
      GuardCover1.jpg
      311.7 KB · Views: 252
    • GuardCover2.jpg
      GuardCover2.jpg
      317.1 KB · Views: 245
    • GuardCover3.jpg
      GuardCover3.jpg
      308.8 KB · Views: 248
    • GuardCover4.jpg
      GuardCover4.jpg
      310.7 KB · Views: 240
    • GuardCover5.jpg
      GuardCover5.jpg
      333.7 KB · Views: 241
    Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have one of those trigger holsters for my nightstand gun, in the safe. If I ever need it, I don't want to finger the trigger when I'm reaching in to get it.

I never liked appendix carry. Its not comfy, then when I sit down the barrel is pointed directly in a bad spot. I can't afford to shoot any part of it off, its small enough as it is...

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    First picture, I can’t tell you are carrying. Looks fine to me. You brought up a good point about the breeze. What might look fine in the house will look different when the wind is pinning your shirt against you. These are all considerations I will have to make when I finally get my permit. I’m still in the “accepted “ stage so I have time to get a holster and get it figured out.

md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    2 things, inorder of importance. First, you picked up raw fish and then put it in the trunk adjusted, then went grocery shopping?

Second, the trigger cover didn't work for me. Didn't hold the pistol where I want it and the magically moving gun thing did nothing for my draw and I don't want to have to clean my pistol because of the sweat every day. Call it laziness, I am older than those classic cabinets in the background after all.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    BB, I thought I talked you into "prison wallet" carry?!!!

Have you tried other clock positions? Everybody has a different body and comfort levels. You'll figure out what works for you.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    BB, I thought I talked you into "prison wallet" carry?!!!

Have you tried other clock positions? Everybody has a different body and comfort levels. You'll figure out what works for you.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(My first time with "multiple quotes")

2 things, inorder of importance. First, you picked up raw fish and then put it in the trunk adjusted, then went grocery shopping?

Second, the trigger cover didn't work for me. Didn't hold the pistol where I want it and the magically moving gun thing did nothing for my draw and I don't want to have to clean my pistol because of the sweat every day. Call it laziness, I am older than those classic cabinets in the background after all.

md77,
    1- I took a cooler incase I wanted to make other stops...it's pretty much a routine when I go out for sushi. The best place is 30 minutes away.

2- I don't think you get a good grip on it with this rig, either, but I have a gun with me, so I've just resolved to deal with that.

BoxcRab, I haven't tired other positions. I have other holsters for that, but now you got me thinking to try that. I have an appendix holster that prints like a mf, but works great at 4 o'clock...go figure.

You are the guy that showed me where my prison wallet was. I'm ever indebted to you, but it got me smoking again.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    All in all, it wasn’t terrible for a quick run to the store and other holsters would have printed way more with this plain and proper fitting shirt.

If it works for you that's great, but I can't agree with the bolded statement. The grip is printing a bit in #1 and clearly in #3. I may be nitpicking on #1, but how will you keep it from shifting as you move?

#1 also looks very difficult to get a grip on. I think with a more complete holster under your waistband the grip would have been much less obvious. A typical aiwb kydex holster would print less with that shirt in the original position and still allow a good grip.

You would have more bulk and less comfort, but a regular holster would maintain a consistent cant, push the top of the gun in to your body, and with a wing/claw rotate the butt of the grip in against your skin.

Last edited:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I have one of those trigger holsters for my nightstand gun, in the safe. If I ever need it, I don't want to finger the trigger when I'm reaching in to get it.

I never liked appendix carry. Its not comfy, then when I sit down the barrel is pointed directly in a bad spot. I can't afford to shoot any part of it off, its small enough as it is...
    That's a good idea.

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD

That'd be a good idea if I didnt have kids, but alas, I need to get a new finger lock bedside safe. Currently I have a lockbox from a hospital that was brand new but in the DRMO pile... designed for wall mounts but it keeps the kids out, however it's not the most intuitive

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's not really meant for appendix, since there isn't a belt clip to hold it up.
    You need to have it at 2 or 3, this is where the curve of your body, but especially your hip applies the pressure, keeping it "mexican carry.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Here is a couple I have made. One is a pocket holster and the other is a belt side holster. They work for both my K40 and CM 40. Both virtually undetectable with a cheap t-shirt and comfortable to wear. In the colder months I switch to my shoulder rig.

Attachments

• Belt.jpg
      Belt.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 95
    • belt covered.jpg
      belt covered.jpg
      67 KB · Views: 82
    • pocket.jpg
      pocket.jpg
      124.5 KB · Views: 89
    • pocketcovered.jpg
      pocketcovered.jpg
      113.9 KB · Views: 82
    Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    My two cents.

I like trigger guards covers for what they are, a trigger cover they are not a holster. I think they are best used in something like a belly band or with a belt clip type thing. In my opinion the clips are a great thing for a quick trip out, they give the enough security to stop the gun from going down in to the pants too far. But they need something like the trigger cover, same as a belly band that could allow something to get to the trigger.

Longer than a quick trip to the store use a real holster.

But I will say the trigger covers are better than nothing for mexican carry.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    I like these.

It holds the handgun very securely and has a clip to help with draw. I don't use it all the time for EDC because of what someone else said about "sweat and being lazy". It's mainly for short trips or when I am fairly certain I won't get too sweaty.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Purchased one of these over the weekend for Mrs. River. Received it yesterday afternoon via Amazon. Last weekend she wanted to carry her 43x in her purse but didn't have a pocket holster for the 43x...only her Sig 365. Well---now she's GTG for her 43x in her purse. Keep momma happy and safe---

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I like these.

It holds the handgun very securely and has a clip to help with draw. I don't use it all the time for EDC because of what someone else said about "sweat and being lazy". It's mainly for short trips or when I am fairly certain I won't get too sweaty.
    Re-holstering might be a little nervous-making?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Currently carrying a Glock 19 on a clip draw with their kydex trigger cover. I loop the paracord around my belt and clip down over my pants and belt. On the draw it pops off really easily. I'm satisfied thus far. Have practiced drawing on three range sessions now and it hasn't been an obstacle thus far

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Currently carrying a Glock 19 on a clip draw with their kydex trigger cover. I loop the paracord around my belt and clip down over my pants and belt. On the draw it pops off really easily. I'm satisfied thus far. Have practiced drawing on three range sessions now and it hasn't been an obstacle thus far
    Thing is, you're going to need a real holster at some point. When you do, it's going to feel like an encyclopedia in your waist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom