• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Just thought I would let y'all know that I just got back from a great trip to Green Ridge. The wife and I went camping then shooting. It is always a fun time. We had a awesome time shooting. The wife shot really well. :D So who else shoots and/or camps at greenridge?

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Just thought I would let y'all know that I just got back from a great trip to Green Ridge. The wife and I went camping then shooting. It is always a fun time. We had a awesome time shooting. The wife shot really well. :D So who else shoots and/or camps at greenridge?

We often have Western Maryland Mini-shoots up at Green ridge I think i'll be having another in mid-July. Maybe July 10th?

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    I go upto Billmeyer WMA very often and goto the State Range on 15 mile Creek Road. It's about the only place people from Cumberland have to shoot unless you are a member of one of the exclusive clubs here that someone basically has to die before you can get into.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Went camping at Bonds Landing with some friends earlier this year. Really like it out there except not being able to carry.

2011-04-28_19-05-03_24.jpg

TNTBMXer

Apr 12, 2010
    My wife and I love going out there. We took some friends last time and they loved it too.

obi-wan

May 26, 2011
    Camping with firearms

Went camping at Bonds Landing with some friends earlier this year. Really like it out there except not being able to carry.

2011-04-28_19-05-03_24.jpg

My brothers and I (we're all grown now) go camping every summer as a way to stay in touch. We were thinking of going to Green Ridge as we used to go there as kids. We were also thinking of taking some guns and doing a little shooting at the range.
    Would you be allowed to camp with firearms if they were secured in the vehicle? I'm thinking the answer is no because it's not on the way to or from a range/gunsmith/shop. Thanks in advance for any advice.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    My brothers and I (we're all grown now) go camping every summer as a way to stay in touch. We were thinking of going to Green Ridge as we used to go there as kids. We were also thinking of taking some guns and doing a little shooting at the range.
    Would you be allowed to camp with firearms if they were secured in the vehicle? I'm thinking the answer is no because it's not on the way to or from a range/gunsmith/shop. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    You will be fine, just keep them unloaded and in vehicles. Also might want to try
    a canoe trip down Potomac, good time. Try Bill's Place or Little Orleans campground for rentals.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I camp at Greenridge when I can. Maybe once a year if I am lucky and typically in the winter. I have shot at the range but don't go out of my way because I find the tubes annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom