• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    So there’s been a Dick’s Sporting Goods less than a mile from my house for the last few years and I have never darkened their door. I have a relative visiting from out of town who wanted to go in so I agreed today and the first thing I see is this. When the manager asked me if he could help me I asked where the gun department was.
    f394bc3f41f61fa9ae5938d69b7d07f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I don't see anything wrong with retailers having police/security at their stores. Kind of a sign of the times. Should keep the thieves and smash and grabbers from entering or at least give them something to think about before they decide to break the law. I just feel bad for the security when they try and stop someone. They will become the target of the woke politicians. Aside from that I don't shop at Dick's. Their prices suck!

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I don't see anything wrong with retailers having police/security at their stores. Kind of a sign of the times. Should keep the thieves and smash and grabbers from entering or at least give them something to think about before they decide to break the law. I just feel bad for the security when they try and stop someone. They will become the target of the woke politicians. Aside from that I don't shop at Dick's. Their prices suck!

I think you missed the point

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Especially when baseball gloves cost $200 and bats 2-$300
    Sad state of affairs. Dick's will end up like the Sports Authority.

*****Unlikely Dicks will share the same fate as Sports Authority, but of course anything is possible. The broader retail sector has done poorly recently due to market forces, inflation, and supply chain issues. That being said, Dicks is in a very good position overall financially with low debt, and a very impressive earning per share value considering Covid has been with us 2 years now. They have a remarkably good dividend for a retail stock that has been hit hard by Covid, and they are a favorite of many private and public institutional investors.

I have quite a bit of the stock, and even though I am not in agreement with their policies on firearm sales - at least in my area - they have NO shortage of customers and they make absolute bank at my local location in MoCo (Rio Shopping Center). I've been to other stores and they generally have clean stores, well organized merchandise, and a wide variety of clothing, shoes, sporting equipment, etc... They definitely cater to an upscale crowd - at least in my area. Sports Authority was a very different business model and they tended to not be able to manage debt, nor get the better known brands, nor really attract the upscale crowd with disposable income to afford the $200 baseball gloves and $200-$300 bats.

Data below.

dicks.jpg
    dicks2.jpg

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    *****Unlikely Dicks will share the same fate as Sports Authority, but of course anything is possible. The broader retail sector has done poorly recently due to market forces, inflation, and supply chain issues. That being said, Dicks is in a very good position overall financially with low debt, and a very impressive earning per share value considering Covid has been with us 2 years now. They have a remarkably good dividend for a retail stock that has been hit hard by Covid, and they are a favorite of many private and public institutional investors.

I have quite a bit of the stock, and even though I am not in agreement with their policies on firearm sales - at least in my area - they have NO shortage of customers and they make absolute bank at my local location in MoCo (Rio Shopping Center). I've been to other stores and they generally have clean stores, well organized merchandise, and a wide variety of clothing, shoes, sporting equipment, etc... They definitely cater to an upscale crowd - at least in my area. Sports Authority was a very different business model and they tended to not be able to manage debt, nor get the better known brands, nor really attract the upscale crowd with disposable income to afford the $200 baseball gloves and $200-$300 bats.

Data below.

View attachment 367003 View attachment 367004
    Ahhhh there's the problem, I have a short on Dick's (not a short dick) so I'm hoping they fail.
    :lol2:

Sports Authority looked like you might spook a rat if you entered an aisle too quickly. I'm just bitching about prices.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    AFL FILES FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLAINT AGAINST DICK’S SPORTING GOODS FOR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST MOMS, USING ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT QUOTAS

WASHINGTON, D.C.
    – Today, as part of its initiative under the AFL Center for Legal Equality, America First Legal (AFL) asked the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to open a civil rights investigation of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. for multiple violations of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978.

Following the Dobbs decision, DICK’S announced a special employment benefit of “up to $4,000” in travel reimbursement for a employee, spouse, or dependent, along with one support person, to obtain an abortion. Although Title VII prohibits discrimination based on childbirth, DICK’S does not offer an equivalent paid benefit to a mother who has her baby.

Title VII also prohibits discrimination because of race, color, national origin, or sex. However, DICK’S uses quotas in its workforce, and is specifically recruiting, hiring, and/or promoting workers because of race, color, national origin, or sex. Such conduct is patently illegal.

Accordingly, AFL has asked the EEOC to investigate DICK’S illegal employment practices.

Statement from America First Legal Senior Counselor and Director of Oversight Reed D. Rubinstein:

Subsidizing travel for an abortion, while denying an equivalent benefit to a mother welcoming a new baby, is perverse and unlawful. Using racial balancing and quotas in hiring and promotion, as the company claims that it does, has been illegal for decades. DICK’S management is an avatar for the rot and danger of corporate wokeness,” Reed D. Rubinstein said.

Read the AFL letters to the EEOC and to DICK’s Sporting Goods, Inc. here and here.

Follow us on social media to get the latest updates on all the battles by America First Legal undertakes to protect your constitutional rights!
    Twitter, Facebook, GETTR, Parler, Instagram
    To schedule an engagement with America First Legal, please email info@athospr.com.
    Read more about AFL’s work here.
    Join AFL in the legal fight against the Biden Administration’s assault on our country. Donate today.
    ###​
    America First Legal (AFL) is a national, nonprofit organization that works to promote the rule of law in the United States, prevent executive overreach, ensure due process and equal protection for all Americans, and to encourage the understanding of the law and individual rights guaranteed under the United States Constitution and the laws of the United States.​

e.gif

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They are ripe for the picking with all the expensive shoes if they don’t have security willing to make chase. I feel they should be trained and equipped with bolas

Before Dicks earned their name I made quite a few rifle purchases from them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    AFL FILES FEDERAL CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLAINT AGAINST DICK’S SPORTING GOODS FOR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST MOMS, USING ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT QUOTAS

WASHINGTON, D.C.
    – Today, as part of its initiative under the AFL Center for Legal Equality, America First Legal (AFL) asked the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to open a civil rights investigation of DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. for multiple violations of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978.

Following the Dobbs decision, DICK’S announced a special employment benefit of “up to $4,000” in travel reimbursement for a employee, spouse, or dependent, along with one support person, to obtain an abortion. Although Title VII prohibits discrimination based on childbirth, DICK’S does not offer an equivalent paid benefit to a mother who has her baby.

Title VII also prohibits discrimination because of race, color, national origin, or sex. However, DICK’S uses quotas in its workforce, and is specifically recruiting, hiring, and/or promoting workers because of race, color, national origin, or sex. Such conduct is patently illegal.

Accordingly, AFL has asked the EEOC to investigate DICK’S illegal employment practices.

Statement from America First Legal Senior Counselor and Director of Oversight Reed D. Rubinstein:

Subsidizing travel for an abortion, while denying an equivalent benefit to a mother welcoming a new baby, is perverse and unlawful. Using racial balancing and quotas in hiring and promotion, as the company claims that it does, has been illegal for decades. DICK’S management is an avatar for the rot and danger of corporate wokeness,” Reed D. Rubinstein said.

Read the AFL letters to the EEOC and to DICK’s Sporting Goods, Inc. here and here.

Follow us on social media to get the latest updates on all the battles by America First Legal undertakes to protect your constitutional rights!
    Twitter, Facebook, GETTR, Parler, Instagram
    To schedule an engagement with America First Legal, please email info@athospr.com.
    Read more about AFL’s work here.
    Join AFL in the legal fight against the Biden Administration’s assault on our country. Donate today.
    ###​

America First Legal (AFL) is a national, nonprofit organization that works to promote the rule of law in the United States, prevent executive overreach, ensure due process and equal protection for all Americans, and to encourage the understanding of the law and individual rights guaranteed under the United States Constitution and the laws of the United States.​

e.gif
    That didn't take long!
    Good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom