• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hey folks,

Not sure if I just had a bad experience, but you might want to think twice before ordering from Proven Arms & Outfitters if they say they're putting your purchase on backorder. I suppose you could say they've... proven less than reliable. :lol2:

To make a long story short: I ordered a Davidson's Exclusive Kel-Tec KS7 from them back on 7/27/20, and right as I ordered it, it went on backorder. They told me it'd be 90-120 days to fulfill it, but the deal I got was great compared to the market at the time, so I figured what the heck; it's not like I was going anywhere for the next four months, anyway.

Called after not hearing anything for the full 120 days on 11/30; the customer service rep told me they hadn't received any but were expecting a shipment, I'd be the first in line if one came in, [insert Covid statement here], etc.. As of 1/25/21, I finally had enough and called again, got voicemail after 20 minutes on hold, so I left a message asking for an update. When that didn't happen, I said screw it and grabbed an OD Green one from the gents at Baltimore Best Pawn, and e-mailed PA&O saying I wanted to cancel the order on Friday—188 days since the initial order, with no contact unless I called/e-mailed them. Wasn't rude, just laid out the timeline, and expressed my disappointment at all the time and potential deals I passed up; Covid and idiotic regulations are a thing, and the industry's imploded in the last six months, I get it.

I got a reply this morning: They're "sorry I want to cancel the order," and "reached out on 10/16 and 10/19 via phone and e-mail, asking if I wanted to swap to a black one," and the order is now closed. I checked my e-mail logs, never got an e-mail asking if I wanted to change the order; their customer service e-mail showed up today in my inbox, and the newsletter's been coming in just fine for six months, so I doubt it went to spam. Checked my call logs, too—nothing from any of their contact numbers, nor any voicemails. :sad20:

TL;DR: Intentionally or not, PA&O put me on backorder for 180+ days with no updates unless I contacted them, told me that they'd be getting one in soon, and then when I cancelled the order and expressed my disappointment, lied and said they tried to contact me in October to offer me another model for the same price—which would've been a rip-off, seeing as how I'd ordered a Davidson's Exclusive, and could've gotten another model right away for cheaper back when I originally placed the order.

Anyways, take it for what you will; I'm more than willing to believe they honestly just didn't get enough in stock this whole time, but I doubt I'll be ordering from them again anytime soon—especially if they're gonna lie to me when challenged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom