• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frostadams

Mar 31, 2016
    I can’t seem to find a straight answer on this so I’ll ask here. Does the wear and carry permit only apply to handguns specifically? Can I keep a rifle or shotgun in my truck? I know the wear and carry permit extends to weapons such as switchblades. I can’t find anything specifically stating I can’t keep a loaded shotgun or rifle in my truck or in a bag. I’ve tried sifting through the Maryland laws and can’t find anything.
    I don’t see an issue except that you can’t leave it there and im
    Pretty sure walking around with it would be frowned upon. So I’m not sure what your goal is.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The DNR statute 10-410c prohibits a loaded long gun in a vehicle. Some say it does not apply if not hunting but the fact that the AG mentioned it in the loaded long gun OC opinion tends to make me think otherwise.

The AG opinion said the loaded long gun OC is legal. That’s why we didn’t need carry permits.

Now we have both. Who’s laughing now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob b

c@r collecting

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-101​

Says that the following weapons are prohibited unless a person has a permit to carry.

dirk knife, bowie knife, switchblade knife, star knife, sandclub, metal knuckles, razor, and nunchaku

So these are all fair game with your wear and carry permit.

did I read this correctly

metal knuckes AKA brass knuckles are legal to carry in MD with WC permit ?

sckno3

patience is a virtue
    May 7, 2013
    OP- unless i missed someone else mentioning it already- if your truck gun is an AR Pistol, your w&c covers it - as it is indeed, legally a handgun.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Md. CRIMINAL LAW Code Ann. § 4-101​

Says that the following weapons are prohibited unless a person has a permit to carry.

dirk knife, bowie knife, switchblade knife, star knife, sandclub, metal knuckles, razor, and nunchaku

So these are all fair game with your wear and carry permit.

did I read this correctly

metal knuckes AKA brass knuckles are legal to carry in MD with WC permit ?

Yes .

Albeit , a blackjack/ slapjack is a better defensive tool .

sckno3

patience is a virtue
    May 7, 2013
    Loaded?. Is this true?.

You can legally build a lower into a handgun.
    A loaded handgun is covered by your wear and carry.

Decide for yourself whether or not it would be worth the trouble in the event an officer wanted to debate you on this, but according to the law you'd be within your rights.

Zaicran

MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2010
    Morganza, MD
    [QUOTE="cyberalex, post: 6809271,, I wanted to point out the last fact you mentioned about not having a long gun in plain sight.

I is it * Legal * to have long guns in plain sight in your gun rack , propped in passenger seat, etc ( excluding Balt City , MoCo , and Leonardtown ) ? Yes

*Most of the time * is it Wise & Prudent out & about in normal populated areas ? Probably not , even just for the theft risk .
    On your farm , driving to your hunting spot , etc , use your personal judgement , as to the Wisdom of doing that actually Legal method .

[ Yeah , yeah BGOS is rampant in lots of ways . This particular instance , more discresion than required by law , may indeed often be * Wise * .

This reminds me , I meant to start a thread on this a cpl weeks ago . but I blinked and got distracted .]

Leanardtown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom