• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giggity

Nov 8, 2013
    I'd like to become a club member at a local outdoor range but it seems that you must know someone that is already a member to apply. Unfortunately I don't know any members at any of these local clubs. The only local ranges (near Glen Burnie) I know of are the Anne Arundel Fish and Game Conservation Association (AAF&G) and Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club. Would anyone be willing to allow me to tag along for some range time and so that I could prove that I'm responsible with firearms and to get to know a few of the members so that I could hopefully become a club member? I'm experienced with firearms, NRA member and prior military.

Any help would be appreciated

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Reading is our friend; Best o' Success! :thumbsup:

Sponsor Requirement: All applicants must be sponsored by an AAF&G member in good standing. If you do not have an AAF&G member to sponsor you, you should try to cultivate one by participating in shooting activities at which non-members are welcome to participate. . . .Such shooting activities include .22rf Bullseye matches conducted Sunday mornings or .22rf/centerfire pistol matches conducted every Thursday afternoon. There are also Cowboy Action shoots conducted on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., IDPA matches, and AR15 and Vintage Military Rifle matches conducted on the 1st and 2nd Saturdays of the month respectively. For further information about these opportunities to identify a sponsor, go to Page 2 of the current club newsletter (found at the Newsletter section of the AAFG home page – scroll to the bottom of the page) and contact the Range Committee Chairman for the event you would like to participate in: http://www.aafg.org/index.html

Newsletters: http://www.aafg.org/membership.html#score

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I joined AAF&G early this year and would like to introduce you to the club. I am not a full member yet, so I don't think I can sponsor you, but if you come to one of the public events, it would give me and the others a chance to get to know you. PM me for info if you are interested.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Try the Associated Gun Club.
    http://associatedgunclubs.org/
    Pick a club and call them up. Most have monthly sign up days.

Baltimore Rifle Club is pretty easy to join.

The AGC is host to 29 clubs so you should find one that suits your shooting needs!

I am the secretary for Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club. Our next meeting is this upcoming Saturday, 11/15/14 at 2:00PM in Memorial Hall. Please feel free to attend a meeting and see what we are about. I went to several AGC clubs before settling on joining Monumental. the important thing is to find a club that suits you and thne just come out to the range and shoot. You will make friends from many of the other clubs and find yourself shooting in many different events sponsored by other clubs.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'd like to become a club member at a local outdoor range but it seems that you must know someone that is already a member to apply. Unfortunately I don't know any members at any of these local clubs. The only local ranges (near Glen Burnie) I know of are the Anne Arundel Fish and Game Conservation Association (AAF&G) and Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club. Would anyone be willing to allow me to tag along for some range time and so that I could prove that I'm responsible with firearms and to get to know a few of the members so that I could hopefully become a club member? I'm experienced with firearms, NRA member and prior military.

Any help would be appreciated

I joined the Howard Country Rifle and Pistol Club earlier this year so that I could qualify to get the range badge at AGC. Their web site said you had to be recommended for membership by a member, but all that really amounted to was attending one monthly meeting at the range, introducing yourself, and getting the range safety tour/briefing. At the next monthly meeting you were voted in. This club has a three month cycle of shoots: pistol/rifle/trap and the trap meeting includes a meal afterward. It's a good group that gives you the opportunity, but not the requirement, to volunteer to help run some of the monthly shoots, particularly trap. They are not a CMP affiliated club, so if you need that ticket punched to buy from CMP, you will need another club, like Meade Road and Gun, which has similar membership requirements.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Baltimore rifle club is pretty much just a way into the range. They don't hold events or anything you just get entrance to AGC's range.There is no club house or address. I joined because it seemed like the easiest to join and I'm too new for competition. Read their website its all explained in the "about" section I believe.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Try the Associated Gun Club.
    http://associatedgunclubs.org/
    Pick a club and call them up. Most have monthly sign up days.

Baltimore Rifle Club is pretty easy to join.

+1
    I joined Baltimore Rifle Club and have a range badge at AGC

+1 for the Baltimore Rifle club.

And another Baltmore Rifle Club member here

Baltimore Gun Club link. I just received my renewal notice.

http://www.baltimorerifleclub.com/membership.html

and another.... :thumbsup:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Stoney Creek has public events as well including a Tuesday night Trap open to the public. They will continue shooting until sometime in Dec, then close until about March or early April (you can check their website: www.scfhclub.org )

Baltimore rifle club is pretty much just a way into the range. They don't hold events or anything you just get entrance to AGC's range.There is no club house or address. I joined because it seemed like the easiest to join and I'm too new for competition. Read their website its all explained in the "about" section I believe.

The AGC (Associated Gun Clubs) is a conglomerate of clubs that share the same physical shooting facility. In order to shoot at the facility, one must first become a member of one of those clubs- then apply for a range badge.
    Most of the clubs involve "proper timing" for membership: go to a meeting, be voted on, do the range walk through, etc. With my schedule, it was very hard to accomplish what was required in under 6 months time.
    Baltimore Rifle Club is- by far- the easiest to join. and get a range badge.
    If you simply want access to a private range, this is the club to join. If you want organized activities, I would look at a different club at AGC.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm in the same situation in PG County. I've been away from the sport for decades (work related), and now that I've retired I'd like to get back again. I'd also like to hook up with some black powder folks.

I've been looking at Three Rivers and Twelfth Precinct, but again they require sponsorship by a member. So...

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    I'm a member of Berwyn Rod and Gun. You need to take one of their monthly range safety courses. Show up to one of their monthly meetings and you are good to go.

http://www.berwyn.org/
    8205 Laurel Bowie Rd, Bowie, MD 20715

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom