• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I did the SOTAR thing back when Chad still used the trailer. My son and I each did an AR. Then I did 2 more after that.
    I put the original factory rifile back on this Remington AKA Bushmaster Varmint but with an SLR adjustable gas blocked (dimpled the barrel). Also added a Geissle SSA trigger and some dust cover bling. I bought this rifle before the 2013 ban here in Maryland. [EDIT} OBTW when I brought this back from Bass Pro, I was unpleasantly surprised to find it was a fixed mag California configuarion. Was easy enough to remedy by replacing with a MILSPEC mag release. But Bass Pro, what a shitty thing to do! I have mixed feelings about that place!

View attachment 396713 View attachment 396714 View attachment 396715 View attachment 396716
    Yeah that definitely looks like a Remmy labeled (and camod) version of the OG bushmaster model. Most of the. Bushies I saw were shooters. If you got an early Remmy that was still using overrun parts, I bet yours does too.

I still actually prefer a reduced, taper pinned, FSB as a gas block under float tubes. Never had one come loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom