• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You sure do have a low threshold for sending the Country into absolute turmoil. Think about the implications. We haven't even had a f'ing election yet and you are ready to start shooting......

While I don't agree that it's that time, yet, I heard a quote a few weeks back, and it was reiterated on the new Sleepy Hollow show:

I 10% tariff on baked goods?! Why the Revolutionary War was started on a 2% tariff on a breakfast drink (and it wasn't even coffee.)

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Saw this coming 9 miles away.

It's getting so it doesn't even bother me anymore when we fail. I'm so used to the feeling I have no fathomable idea what I'm going to do if we actually succeed somewhere.

I'll keep supporting the fight though, s'best as I can anyway.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Like this?

images

Thats it, except it missing the Flag

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    While I don't agree that it's that time, yet, I heard a quote a few weeks back, and it was reiterated on the new Sleepy Hollow show:

I 10% tariff on baked goods?! Why the Revolutionary War was started on a 2% tariff on a breakfast drink (and it wasn't even coffee.)

Lol watched that show. Busted out laughing when I heard that.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's getting so it doesn't even bother me anymore when we fail. I'm so used to the feeling I have no fathomable idea what I'm going to do if we actually succeed somewhere.

How have we failed? It was just a preliminary hearing for a temporary stay, in front a judge expected not to lean our way. The result was expected. The court cases have not begun yet.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    I have a bad feeling about this judge.

They can't all be Judge Legg. In all seriousness, she had done her homework and was asking decent questions. I don't think any judge would have granted a TRO on what was presented today.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    We really could have had a better showing. Our lawyer thought that the pre-Oct. 1 mag capacity limit was 30, not 20, and didn't know the difference between a copycat and a copy, and knew of no other case that dealt with copies (there are two that I know of). The judge knew the provisions of SB281 better than our representation - it was painful.

You have got to be kidding? Hmmmmm

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-gun-lawsuit-ruling-20131001,0,3146927.story

article says "In denying a temporary restraining order, U.S. District Court Judge Catherine Blake said the plaintiffs undercut their argument by waiting to challenge the law until a few days before it took effect."

So was the we waited too long argument used? Or is the Sun full of it again?

Apparently that's the argument that was at least considered. I'm curious how (since not a lawyer and all that) we could challenge a law that wasnt actually codified until just over a week ago?

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    from the sun article:

" Blake said that based on evidence presented so far, she was not convinced that the plaintiffs would ultimately succeed. The parties are scheduled to meet Thursday to set the next court date."

i think its time to ask for a new judge.

edit never mind, forgot that's a requirement for the tro. but still that's a hell of an opinion for a judge to have before a trial date is set.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I specifically said we would've been better off taking this to the referendum! I said this early on, and I said the liberal judges probably wouldn't give us what we want it! Now look where we are, struggling, it's just one big struggle for the fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    patiently waiting a post from patrick or agc before making judgement

Don't expect much from Patrick in the near future. He's a plaintiff in one of the suits so what he can say in public is quite limited.

There are still plenty of involved leadership parties. Fear not. More information should be coming shortly. Remember, better to get it right than to get it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom