• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    I plan on taking a half day off work Thursday so I can get my fingerprints done and drop off a form 1 (sbr) and a form 4 (suppressor) to mdsp pikesville. I have 2 physical fingerprint cards for each form for the atf, but with the livescan do I need to get two separate livescans done or just one since both forms are getting dropped off together? Only thing I'm unsure of for this process. Thanks!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    My rule of thumb has always been....If you have the same dealer for both items, it is just one set of prints for MSP......or now Livescan. If you have 2 different dealers...such as yourself and an FFL/SOT, then it would be 2 sets of prints for MSP......or now Livescans. I dropped off 2 items a few weeks ago and used the same Livescan, but they were both going through the same dealer.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    You want to talk to Christy Fair when you call MSP.

+1
    Christy will know the answer. She's always been helpful when I had a question or two.

Now if they can just sign the Form1 I dropped off at the end of November..... I'd be a happy man.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Just got off the phone with mdsp licensing. Was told as long as both forms are turned in at the same time one livescan is fine, even if both forms are not items from the same dealer. Hopefully this will help others that might have the same question down the road. I talked to christy, she was super nice.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just got off the phone with mdsp licensing. Was told as long as both forms are turned in at the same time one livescan is fine, even if both forms are not items from the same dealer. Hopefully this will help others that might have the same question down the road. I talked to christy, she was super nice.

That's good to know that they made that change with Livescan. It makes sense. :thumbsup:
    I was turned away several years ago when I tried to submit 3 items on one MSP print card. The only problem was that one item was from me on a Form 1 and the other 2 were on Form 4's transfering through an SOT.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for the work. I plan to do this exact thing and had this same questions. Sucks to have to take off work to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom