• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Agree

And Texas is two elections from turning blue. The official end of the country.

Yup. Larry Auster called this when he wrote "A Path to National Suicide" back in 1990. Plainly stated, our country's dire straits all stem from the 1965 Immigration Act.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Something else to keep in mind, conservatism is created out of some sort of hardship in life. How long it takes to create is dependant upon the individual and the duration and severity of the hardship. It's no secret that the twenty somethings and their children are going to be among the first generations of Americans that may actually have it harder in life than their parents did. If you grow up having to work for everything and save for things, you are less likely to want to give Shit away all the time for free.

Oh I agree, that the economic collapse of the United States will precipitate the conflict that will lead to civil war. The question is, how long can the deficit borrowing and currency manipulation game go on for? I don't have an answer for that. 10 years? 20 years?

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Oh I agree, that the economic collapse of the United States will precipitate the conflict that will lead to civil war. The question is, how long can the deficit borrowing and currency manipulation game go on for? I don't have an answer for that. 10 years? 20 years?

I need 5 at most to get my preps on a solid footing.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    I need 5 at most to get my preps on a solid footing.

Ultimately, that's why I've said that if they can only unite behind one cause, conservatives should unite behind gun ownership. Once the people finally realize that as a society, we simply don't produce enough wealth to pay for everything that the "progressives" think is a "human right," the situation is not going to be pretty.

Liberalism has essentially been advancing unstopped for over 70 years, but I think a cataclysmic shift will rapidly change the tides in the opposite direction.

Very simple --- stop feeding them.

They have no useful function and will be underemployed there entire lives.

Never forget that this country is run by people that work --- Stop working and it all stops.

Do you have the guts for that? If so don't worry about The Millennials-- just call them for what they are ---- its fun.. and it makes them think ... what happens when the food stops ask them that ..

I think I was wrong about you. I just wanna say that out here so everyone can see it. It would seem I owe you an apology.

xref

May 9, 2013
    I hate to say it, but I think that the Millennials are going to kill the 2A. 2 more generations is wishful thinking.

The logical millennials are working to hard to stop that from occurring by acquiring firearms as well. The liberalism of millennials will fade as they see the tax man take all of their money.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    c'mon, I'm technically a Millennial (aka "Generation Y"). I have 1 1/2 jobs and work hard at both. I support 2A wholeheartedly.

I also feed myself and my family with our chickens, fruit trees, garden and homemade bread. I'm hoping to get into beekeeping soon too. It'll take a lot to starve us out.

Which means you are not part of the problem. Anymore than everyone who grew up in the 60 's did drugs.. Age is just a number, you do not have to get sucked into the idiocy of your generation--Which is the point of my diatribe. The problem with any generation is generally only about 10% of them :) These few we can deal with.

See what I mean now...?

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Curse those filthy 20 year olds! The Greatest Generation and the Baby Boomers didn't give us any gun control at all! ...right?

The Greatest Generation is responsible for this country's decline, as they're the ones who signed the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    The logical millennials are working to hard to stop that from occurring by acquiring firearms as well. The liberalism of millennials will fade as they see the tax man take all of their money.
    But will they step up and start stopping the tax man? Our problem of the last 60-70 years has been that while conservatives object to bigger, more profligate government, they have done little to nothing to actually stop and reverse it.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    But will they step up and start stopping the tax man? Our problem of the last 60-70 years has been that while conservatives object to bigger, more profligate government, they have done little to nothing to actually stop and reverse it.

That's because they can't. Look at the polls about the ACA. Americans oppose it in theory, and oppose the fact that they think it will hurt healthcare overall, but support all the welfare state "gimmies," like no ban on pre-existing conditions, the subsidies and the keeping 26 year olds on the insurance.

People like getting free stuff. It's as Alequis de Tocqueville wrote in "Democracy in America:"

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”

Once you create clients of the welfare state, defunding them is almost impossible, as very few people are willing to vote for anyone who promises to take away their free stuff.

And THAT is why blacks and Hispanics don't support Republicans more, no matter how much outreach the GOP does. The fact is that a disproportionate share of blacks and Hispanics are low income and low skilled, and thus will not want a candidate who promises to reduce taxes they don't pay and reduce benefits they do receive.

I wouldn't be so quick to denounce the twnety somethings. Are you in your twenties? Do you speak on their behalf? As much as I am disappointed in society as a whole lately, my generation especially, there does seem to be at least a glimmer of hope left. With every advance the left makes, the more they motivate and often times turn people in my generation MORE towards the right. It seems to me more and more the left is running out of steam on a lot of issues because the same people they cater to are the least motivated to actually do anything. Every fire starts as a small spark, its not untill it is fanned enough that it becomes a blaze. Let us just hope that it doesn't take too much fanning.

:goodpost:

I feel old saying,2 of my kids are twenty somethings.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    c'mon, I'm technically a Millennial (aka "Generation Y"). I have 1 1/2 jobs and work hard at both. I support 2A wholeheartedly.

I also feed myself and my family with our chickens, fruit trees, garden and homemade bread. I'm hoping to get into beekeeping soon too. It'll take a lot to starve us out.

Agreed. Anyone who's bitching about millennials can PUAR. :mad54:

Also, kind of interested in apiculture, PM me.

"Wah wah wah we can't connect with the younger generation, we don't understand them, they're all entitled whiners, don't appreciate anything they have these days"

...said every generation about the one next in line.

You want your traditions upheld and rights appreciated? Stop whining and start connecting. You want to paint with broad strokes, feel free...and you'll sit over in a corner of the nursing home and wonder why your children don't come to visit you.

Reap, sow & all.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Think economics folks.. not firepower. Can you live without an I- phone? How about food? You worry to much.. The establishment is what makes this country exist. Period.

Now how many liberals do you know that join the service? The left is counting on forces that do not exist to solve problems they can't even imagine.. Some years ago I had a discussion with liberal about the vulnerability of NY ( 2 decades before 911 mind you ) -- not a clue. Big weakness is water supply --- so he says we can truck in bottled water . I say for 8 million people? He says the government has a plan. I say you will not like the plan..

Clueless folks absolutely clueless.

Stop bellyaching and start cluing them in. Tell them what we face if they keep being stupid. Make sure they know you are ok watching them suffer, since it will be their fault. Do not show anger. Present the case as if it has already happened.

Liberals worry about a lot of shit they can't control exactly because they can't control it. Its how they grant themselves absolution-- deny them that succor .

Tell them flat out how any why they are destroying the greatest nation on earth, in flat tones like the narration on the " world at war".

See we worry about things we can do something about and then we do--- this is how we can face and survive adversity -- whereas they are just panic stricken lower life forms devoid of the factually of reason.. Long before any foolish talk of civil war, I will call them what they are and they will hate me for it ( as if they love me now).

If the end is near as some of you say, why not tell them flat out--- 'I stand with John Locke this will not change. I have more resolve than you can imagine. I know the future as well as I know the past. You will not make it past the crisis you are creating, and I am ok with that. I have no use for you, and will enjoy watching you suffer."

Have fun, just never be angry ---- how would Reagan say it.. Thais how you say it. A little sarcasm goes a long way. A terrified liberal with a clue fast becomes a conservative. :)

Remember no anger.. Think "I am sorry you are to stupid to come in out of the rain, but you are fun to watch there is that ... ;)

Have fun and remember this does work -- if slowly.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And THAT is why blacks and Hispanics don't support Republicans more, no matter how much outreach the GOP does. The fact is that a disproportionate share of blacks and Hispanics are low income and low skilled, and thus will not want a candidate who promises to reduce taxes they don't pay and reduce benefits they do receive.

Add that to the even greater number of whites in the same economic and skill situation and the republic is screwed

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Let me step in here, since I'm 25 and hang around my peers quite a bit.

We need to look at this from the larger picture first. I think it's pretty obvious that this gun debate is between the idiots who want to ban guns entirely solely because they despise guns, and those of us who want to preserve gun rights because shooting is enjoyable to us (along with whatever other justifications we have). Incrementalism (gun control) is just the method they use to ban all guns. Everyone else, who is essentially indifferent to firearms, is sort of floating around in the middle, and their views can be swayed over time. These people aren't anti-gun, they just don't have an affinity for firearms.

We have to remember, it's impossible to get rid of guns. Even if we banned all guns AND confiscated, firearms are too easy to manufacture to say that the black market isn't going to get a hold of them or make them directly. The military will always have guns, and police will in some capacity, even if it's limited to select officers as is the case in the UK. But guns in some form will always be around, and they are always going to be causing problems, and there's no way to stop it. With the advent of 3D printing, we're already crossing into new territory that makes it even harder for guns to be flat-out banned. Even if we lost all of our rights, at some point someone has to say that a gun ban isn't working. There's only so much that can be done, short of killing everyone, in an attempt to stop the gun violence. And all of the facts and statistics are on our side. The only thing not on our side is insanity, and there's not a whole lot we can do about that.

Now from everything I hear, people who live in America really like their guns. And gun sales have gone through the roof, and continue to do so. Just looking at SB281, here outside of America's borders, I know eight people who had next to ZERO interest in firearms but who are now gun owners due to MOM (myself included). In America, things seem to largely be going our way. In 2002 there was only one state with Constitutional Carry. That's now up to five. And from what I gather, things weren't so hot in this country in the 70s and 80s, and laws today are generally a lot less lax than they were years ago. So things are trending our way, with the exception of states like MD who are passing these laws against the will of the people. We also saw this happen in CO with the recalls, and there was even a big push up in CT to hold off new laws. A lot of these laws aren't because the people are calling for it, but because of the politicians who force it down our throats, and many of their constituents don't love guns to the point they will vote out the politicians solely for being anti-gun.

Talking with my peers, short of the rabid libs who just despise guns at all costs, everyone seems to be indifferent or pro-gun. In other words, it's not a whole lot different than other age groups. Even those peers who lean more liberal don't really care about guns, and I don't see any movement to push gun control. Plus, the up and coming generation tends to only support political causes when those causes make sense. On most issues I'd say my generation is somewhat apathetic, which explains a lot of our downfall due to lack of morals and other things, but this group also tends to look at the facts before taking a strong stand against any issues. I really don't see any major pushes for gun control coming from the 20-somethings and younger since the facts just don't support it.

xref

May 9, 2013

We need to look at this from the larger picture first. I think it's pretty obvious that this gun debate is between the idiots who want to ban guns entirely solely because they despise guns, and those of us who want to preserve gun rights because shooting is enjoyable to us (along with whatever other justifications we have). Incrementalism (gun control) is just the method they use to ban all guns. Everyone else, who is essentially indifferent to firearms, is sort of floating around in the middle, and their views can be swayed over time. These people aren't anti-gun, they just don't have an affinity for firearms.

We have to remember, it's impossible to get rid of guns. Even if we banned all guns AND confiscated, firearms are too easy to manufacture to say that the black market isn't going to get a hold of them or make them directly. The military will always have guns, and police will in some capacity, even if it's limited to select officers as is the case in the UK. But guns in some form will always be around, and they are always going to be causing problems, and there's no way to stop it. With the advent of 3D printing, we're already crossing into new territory that makes it even harder for guns to be flat-out banned. Even if we lost all of our rights, at some point someone has to say that a gun ban isn't working. There's only so much that can be done, short of killing everyone, in an attempt to stop the gun violence. And all of the facts and statistics are on our side. The only thing not on our side is insanity, and there's not a whole lot we can do about that.

Now from everything I hear, people who live in America really like their guns. And gun sales have gone through the roof, and continue to do so. Just looking at SB281, here outside of America's borders, I know eight people who had next to ZERO interest in firearms but who are now gun owners due to MOM (myself included). In America, things seem to largely be going our way. In 2002 there was only one state with Constitutional Carry. That's now up to five. And from what I gather, things weren't so hot in this country in the 70s and 80s, and laws today are generally a lot less lax than they were years ago. So things are trending our way, with the exception of states like MD who are passing these laws against the will of the people. We also saw this happen in CO with the recalls, and there was even a big push up in CT to hold off new laws. A lot of these laws aren't because the people are calling for it, but because of the politicians who force it down our throats, and many of their constituents don't love guns to the point they will vote out the politicians solely for being anti-gun.

Talking with my peers, short of the rabid libs who just despise guns at all costs, everyone seems to be indifferent or pro-gun. In other words, it's not a whole lot different than other age groups. Even those peers who lean more liberal don't really care about guns, and I don't see any movement to push gun control. Plus, the up and coming generation tends to only support political causes when those causes make sense. On most issues I'd say my generation is somewhat apathetic, which explains a lot of our downfall due to lack of morals and other things, but this group also tends to look at the facts before taking a strong stand against any issues. I really don't see any major pushes for gun control coming from the 20-somethings and younger since the facts just don't support it.

Now you know 9...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

To repeat-- the problem with any generation is only 10% of them. This is all the media sees when they talk nonsense about naming generations and branding them with a viewpoint.
    Guns are only one issue however. The Big O was generational issue. like Kennedy, but unlike Kennedy this one has no clue. Right wrong or otherwise the Debt stands at about 1.1 times GDP. It maters not who is a fault -- if this is not dealt with the dollar will fall, unless a full a scale war keeps it high due to fear. So are stuck on the horns of a dilemma-- peace and stability will lead to a fall in the $ because the FE markets no longer fly to ' quality' ( aka the biggest military) where as war could get out of control and resource supply shocks would tank the world into a full depression. If adversity breeds conservatism we are about to breed a boatload. :)

This issue will get worse as other powers rise, and we continue to spend down our military by single handedly trying to save the world from itself.

Guns are a visible and symbolically rich issue, but our biggest threat is economic and Foreign affairs --- do not get me started on the impact of the big O on this .. We owe the young the honor of this president, and it is they who will suffer the most from its consequences --- this is as much a fact as the celestial orbits. I hope the young are up to the challenge--- I am close enough to death to be indifferent :)

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Add that to the even greater number of whites in the same economic and skill situation and the republic is screwed

Exactly.

Brooklyn, why do you think any talk of civil war is "foolish?" We're clearly heading in that direction.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Exactly.

Brooklyn, why do you think any talk of civil war is "foolish?" We're clearly heading in that direction.

Because

1. it makes you sound like its what you want not a worst case to be avoided
    2. it makes you sound very naive
    3. it will give your opposition license to ignore you and think you a nut-- and if you look at the tea party experience you will see that its not wise to give them any help in that regard
    4. Civil war is very messy and could in fact fail-- most revolutions in fact fail-- the hardliners in the military step up and take control-- history suggests that if you want liberty fomenting unrest is the best way to not get it.
    5. Economic pressure can be just as effective --- slower but in the end more likely to succeed-- less risk of authoritarian blow back
    6. THINK CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION. I still think the courts will work and the young ( the 10% ) can be made to see reason, but if not the next step is a CC not a war .

I think young are full of energy and you are likely a patriot, but talk of civil war is foolish at this time.. what we are heading for is a CC. hopefully before the economic crisis not after..

Fight smart and we can win this.. Its not nearly over-- every day I make fun of young people and every day I start a young person on the path to cluefulness .. I do it my making them communicate with me -- I was here first, I have experience of value to share -- my first task is to get the young to admit that -- otherwise I talk to the wall.

And the same goes for me. I had the honor last weekend of addressing a Veteran of WWII -- that is he spoke and I listened .. :) I told him I was not going to let his country go to hell -- not on my watch..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom