• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Wouldn't it be ironic if NYAG's actions to hurt the NRA end up making NRA stronger in the long run? Maybe she should stop and leave WLP in place. :lol2:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wouldn't it be ironic if NYAG's actions to hurt the NRA end up making NRA stronger in the long run? Maybe she should stop and leave WLP in place. :lol2:

SHHHH!!

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I'm a life member but never even think about the NRA anymore. A year or two ago I remember getting a phone solicitation asking me to donate to the NRA and help Wayne out. I told them they get nothing from me until corrupt WLP is gone gone gone and not to bother calling again until that happens. I do not like that man and would love to see him ousted by whatever means. But...that isn't the point. The point is to destroy the great boogieman NRA. Funny thing about that, though. Since they've been stuck in this lawsuit many other groups have risen in prominence, and I would argue have been much more effective. I don't have any info on it, but I strongly suspect the other groups are now financially receiving a large hunk of donations that previously would have gone to the NRA.

Perhaps when this all finally shakes out, assuming the NRA still exists, they should just return to teaching and outreach and leave the legislative and judicial stuff to the other groups.

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    I got my first taste of how dysfunctional the NRA is when they decided to split from the CMP and no longer hold their matches at Camp Perry. That was about five years ago, and they are still at Camp Atterbury in Indiana. I thought it was remarkably stupid and arrogant of the NRA. I keep hoping someone at the NRA will wake up and they will return to Perry, but it has not happened yet. If I wasn't a life member, I would stop paying my dues.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    The NRA is a sham. Full stop. It was never founded as a "civil rights" group - and has historically been equivalent to the demanding mommies pushing gun control. Sure, they could change - and they have, now they spout rhetoric for our side, mostly to line Wayne's pockets. GOA, FPC, MSI if you want to stay local. The NRA is a lost cause.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    The NRA is a sham. Full stop. It was never founded as a "civil rights" group - and has historically been equivalent to the demanding mommies pushing gun control. Sure, they could change - and they have, now they spout rhetoric for our side, mostly to line Wayne's pockets. GOA, FPC, MSI if you want to stay local. The NRA is a lost cause.
    As an annual member since 1967 and a life member since 1983, the facts force me to agree. They profit only from the perceived fight, not by victory, and it's about profits.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I'm an Endowment member. I won't give them a dime until their house is in order. Hopefully WLP is just a chapter than needs closed and not the end of the organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom