• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Recently picked up a very nice all matching Nagoya Type 99 fully equipped except bayo. Does it matter what maker bayonet I get for it?
    I'd like to get the complete set with frog.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Your best bet is GB or flea bay auctions for a T-99 bayo. Does it matter which arsenal? Considering neither the rifle or bayo has been manufactured in almost 70 years, prob'ly not.
    Be prepared to pay a premium for an original...

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    This guy usually has lots of Japanese Type 30 bayonets, from different makers, for the Type 99 rifle:

http://www.ebayonet.com

His prices are at or below retail these days.

Bryan

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Your best bet is GB or flea bay auctions for a T-99 bayo. Does it matter which arsenal? Considering neither the rifle or bayo has been manufactured in almost 70 years, prob'ly not.
    Be prepared to pay a premium for an original...

Last month I set my sights on picking one up, started stalking some auctions online. Got a great deal inadvertently I think on eBay on a Jinsen Arensal for about $70 with scabbard. Auction had been listed as item doesn't ship to US and had no other bids. Turns out it was a mistake in the listing and voila, a nice add on for my T-99's.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've seen bayos from $50 to $500+. Bayos aren't what I collect unless they're attached like an SKS or carcano cavalry carbine. If you keep your eyes open you'll find one you're willing to pay for.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Thanks guys - I have my sights on a couple of Nagoya sets online. I thought it would be nice to have a Type 30 bayo with the same manufacture as my rifle, but I'm open to any decent set, any maker if I run into one.
    Also, any tricks on cleanup like removing surface rust or cleaning up the wood?
    I'm a big fan of Ballistol as it can treat metal, wood, and plastic without harm.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    not really much trick to it, you dont want to polish up the blade, so a rag and some oil or something should get rid of minor surface rust, if not, use some 0000 steel wool on the tough spots.

for the wood if it needs anything probably just a coat of BLO to preserve it and even out the finish a little.

if the grips are distressed then you gotta think about refinishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom