• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    First thanks to MDS member Mark392001 for sharing his knowledge on Japanese Type 99's
    as my specialty is Imperial German Lugers.....thanks Mark! Hopefully I got it for the right price...

Ok, so I grabbed up a Type 99 recently with all matching numbers, AA sights, and an intact mum.
    My research says it is a Nagoya Arsenal 4th series but that is as far as I got. I will ask the more
    studied of you guys to fill in the blanks. I assume that it originally had a monopod and if so it is
    long gone. Now for the pics...

Fist the obligatory C&R foot picture:

Type99a

Type99d

Type99b

Type99c

Type99e

Type99f

Type99g

Type99h

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    thats a really nice t99 great buy.

i keep telling myself that despite fair prices and great availability, i wont get into japanese rifles, because i already collect almost everything and my lack of focus makes shopping for guns frustrating lol.

yet i already have a t-38 and every time someone posts a nice t99, and that is often, i find myself wanting to hunt down one of my own.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Nice!
    Yep it originally had a dust cover, a cleaning rod and possibly a monopod (although I can't make out an attachment hole in your pics). Originals can be found but are pricey. The repros are not too expensive and do dress up the old T-99's

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    It doesn't have the heavy wear marks that I have seen on others but it does have the attachment hole so I am thinking the monopod was done away with early in its history. The cleaning rod was sold by itself by its previous owner. He also has a T38 with intact mum and matching bolt with dust cover and cleaning rod....which he separated and sold individually from the rifle :mad54:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    The entire 4th series was built w. monopods so your nice example went into the field with one. Finding a proper original can be an expensive proposition. I'd would put my effort into finding a proper cleaning rod for it, it's worth the effort and additional cost for this very nice example.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Nice one. It looks like it's in great shape. I had a lot of help from folks here with researching one passed down to my friend from his father. Being a noob, I posted it in the Rifle section instead of C&R.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=101084

Cabela's carries the ammo as well. The first time I ordered some, they actually sent Hornady as shown on their site. The second time, they sent Grafs.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Nice....now to find ammo for it!

I just got 100 rounds of 7.7 delivered yesterday for $125 from Mac's Guns

http://www.macsguns.com/

Mac is a good guy to deal with. To shoot 7.7 & 6.5 J economically? Like many others, they are reloading bench rounds. Neither are particularly difficult to reload for < 50 cents per round. Especially if the cases are neck-sized only and dedicated to a specific rifle.

My Arisaka's make a few range trips per year. Over time there's been a stash of ammo built for them that keeps them fed. :D

Easytarget18, that's a bootiful example you have! I'll bet it's a nice shooter. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom