• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    oh yeah....
    http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

technically, the only true HBAR exempted would be an actual Colt sporter HBAR.....but various dealers get various explanations on what is and isn't "regulated" when inquiring to various people. You're going to have to call around to dealers and see what rifles they are able to sell you as an unregulated ar.

Technically, only the Colts are regulated (and anything that COPIES or IMITATES the technical package for those two weapons listed) piston guns are not copies nor are other variants that are incompatible with the basic Colt CAR and AR series "assault weapons". That would include a lot of AR lower based weapons, including sporterized variants as listed in MSP firearms bulletin 96-1.

We've had this debate too many times though, and when you're under 21, the last thing you want to do is "afford" a lawyer. Being a test case is not your goal and would not be fun.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    oh yeah....
    http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

technically, the only true HBAR exempted would be an actual Colt sporter HBAR.....but various dealers get various explanations on what is and isn't "regulated" when inquiring to various people. You're going to have to call around to dealers and see what rifles they are able to sell you as an unregulated ar.

The wording goes both ways...This is one of those double edged swords that the anti's so don't want us to think about...

"the following specific firearms or their copies regardless of which company produced and manufactured that firearm"

aalmy

Jun 29, 2011
    Maryland
    Just for the record I solved my problem, I just purchased a RRA Coyote Carbine(16" HBAR) for $1190 at Alantic Guns in Silver Spring. They were great to deal with. Spoke with Carl there before driving down to see them, very happy with the purchase. Fit and Finish is great, and has a good balance to it. At only 7 lbs it's only .1 heavier than the stag I wanted. Still have to buy some BUIS for it, but I won't be going to the range until the 10th or so. So for now I'll be learning the gun, front and back, inside and out.

Thanks for all the help guys,
    Alex

Last edited:

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Just for the record I solved my problem, I just purchased a RRA Coyote Carbine(16" HBAR) for $1190 at Alantic Guns in Silver Spring. They were great to deal with. Spoke and felt with Carl there before driving down to see them, very happy with the purchase. Fit and Finish is great, and has a good balance to it. At only 7 lbs it's only .1 heavier than the stag I wanted. Still have to buy some BUIS for it, but I won't be going to the range until the 10th or so. So for now I'll be learning the gun, front and back, inside and out.

Alex

THIS THREAD IS NOW USELESS!!!!

Unless you add pics.

aalmy

Jun 29, 2011
    Maryland
    THIS THREAD IS NOW USELESS!!!!

Unless you add pics.

Ask and you shall recieve :D
    Coyote Carbine.jpg

Walter

May 23, 2010
    Just for the record I solved my problem, I just purchased a RRA Coyote Carbine(16" HBAR) for $1190 at Alantic Guns in Silver Spring. They were great to deal with. Spoke with Carl there before driving down to see them, very happy with the purchase. Fit and Finish is great, and has a good balance to it. At only 7 lbs it's only .1 heavier than the stag I wanted. Still have to buy some BUIS for it, but I won't be going to the range until the 10th or so. So for now I'll be learning the gun, front and back, inside and out.

Alex

Lol, did they tell you that you had to bring in your folks before letting you purchase the gun?

aalmy

Jun 29, 2011
    Maryland
    Lol, did they tell you that you had to bring in your folks before letting you purchase the gun?

Oh yeah haha, said it was store policy since the owner opened it 1950whatever... My dad wanted to look at handguns anyway so we went down. But my name was definitely the one on the ATF form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom