• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Hello All,
    I have a new Glock 43x MOS with a Streamlight TLR-7 Sub that is supposed to be a straight fit for this gun. This is my first light on any firearm, so that probably has something to do with my problem.

I've shot it twice now, and the light came off both times after a hundred rounds or so. Before I shot it today I made SURE the screw was secured to the gun tightly. After 100 or so rounds it comes flying off again. So, either I have not secured it properly (do I need some blue Locktight on there?) or these lights just aren't meant for prolonged firing (which I kind of doubt). Thought I'd ask the experienced folks on this sight for their insight.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Loctite might help, or Vibra-tite. I don't usually take my lights to the range when I practice because it gets carbon all over the lens. My thought is that the light is on there for when I need it. Try tightening it up as you shoot to see if it's loosening up.

Also the TLRs come with inserts that are designed for different cuts. They come with a 1911 and a Glock insert. Did you put in the right insert? There should be a bag in the box with these guys in there.

1671562915579.png

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Hmm, I ordered the Glock 43/48 specific model of the light. It comes with a "rail key" that the instructions say are for the "1913 short model", which is another type of mounting plate it looks like. My mounting has "GL" has on it which I assume is Glock. It does not come with those inserts you have pictured.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Hmm, I ordered the Glock 43/48 specific model of the light. It comes with a "rail key" that the instructions say are for the "1913 short model", which is another type of mounting plate it looks like. My mounting has "GL" has on it which I assume is Glock. It does not come with those inserts you have pictured.
    Yeah GL is for Glock. I'd say the screw is backing out. Try thread locker or just tighten it up after each string? I use a penny to get it as tight as I can.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    OK, I called Streamlight and the rail key for a Glock 43x is a Number 1. That's what's on there so no need to change it. I guess I'll try some blue thread lock on it.

Do most folks put thread lock on their lights?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    OK, I called Streamlight and the rail key for a Glock 43x is a Number 1. That's what's on there so no need to change it. I guess I'll try some blue thread lock on it.

Do most folks put thread lock on their lights?
    1671568461620.png
    Does yours look like this? It has a GL on the top.
    1671568461620.png

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    And, the Swampfox Sentinel optic I got for this pistol quit working...at least the gun runs like a champ. But that's a different thread.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Use blue thread locker.
    I contacted Streamlight. They asked for pics of the light on the gun. They said they'd take care of me.

I've seen posts on Reddit talking about this very same problem with this light. We'll see what happens. Thread lock will be what I do if all else fails. Maybe duct tape :)

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    If you can get some, use gaffers tape. It’s flat black and if not left on too long doesn’t leave a residue when removed. No where near as messy as duct tape and looks way better.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Update: Got an email from Streamlight this morning after I sent them pics of my light on the pistol. Here's what they said: "Once in while the combination of our light being at the edge of tolerances and the rail being close to the edge of its tolerances can result in a not so perfect fit."

Here's the pic of the front of the light that I guess they were not happy with.

Attachments

• Glock 3.jpg
      Glock 3.jpg
      191.8 KB · Views: 43

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Update: Got an email from Streamlight this morning after I sent them pics of my light on the pistol. Here's what they said: "Once in while the combination of our light being at the edge of tolerances and the rail being close to the edge of its tolerances can result in a not so perfect fit."

Here's the pic of the front of the light that I guess they were not happy with.
    You'll shoot your eye out! How would you tape the light on? The slide will rip that off and probably cause a misfeed.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    A TLR-6 will fit the 43X MOS better. It's not as fancy and not as bright as the TLR-7 but it will fit better. You will need to get the TLR-6 model that is specific to the 43X MOS.

1671717349856.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom