• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    A month or so ago I ordered some Tula primers from Powder Valley, along with a pound of powder they just happened to have in stock. I got my my notice from UPS yesterday morning that it had shipped. Then, this morning when I check my mail there was a new UPS email stating "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

The last location is Witchita Kansas. WTF?

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    A month or so ago I ordered some Tula primers from Powder Valley, along with a pound of powder they just happened to have in stock. I got my my notice from UPS yesterday morning that it had shipped. Then, this morning when I check my mail there was a new UPS email stating "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

The last location is Witchita Kansas. WTF?

The last time I saw that was when I had a couple dies shipped to me. Turned out they were "lost" somewhere - stolen, I would bet - and I never got them. Hope it turns out better for you.

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    Warpspasm,

Call ups with the tracking number and ask where your shipment is located. Once they take the package, it is "in" their control and the package is scanned everytime it moves. If the package was lost or stolen, you can file a claim for the shipping and hazmat fee as well as the value of the primers.

Pilot7576

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually YOU cannot file a claim for anything. To UPS (and FedEx) the SHIPPER is their client/customer. You have to contact the seller/shipper, and they file the claim.

I had a damaged package show up, missing 2K primers. It was from Natchez. I called them, they refunded the price of the primers, and THEY filed the claim. They did ask me to hold onto the package in case UPS wanted to examine it.

A person on another forum had 10K primers disappear. Again, the seller/shipper made good on the package and filed the claim against the shipping company.

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    Pinecone...

You are correct...it is the shipper that must file the claim. But you as the receiver with a tracking number should be able to throw the "bs" flag when they cite weather as a delay for a shipment going by truck.

Pilot7576

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    High winds and flooding, as well as ice and snow can all delay truck shipments.

Also, if an area is hit hard, and people cannot get to work, truck shipments get stuck at depots where the unload and move the packages to other trucks going the right places.

LOTS of reasons a truck shipment can be delayed.

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    Pinecone...

If inclement weather delayed the delivery, they would post a new delivery date. If the sort facility had been destroyed or crippled, I would have heard about it. For the most part, 99%+ of ups delays are due to air delays (weather, etc). Extensive ground delays, apart from natural disasters, just don't happen with ups. My thought is they probably "lost" the package somehow and are trying to find it.

JMO

Pilot7576

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom