• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Just a heads up if you plan on shipping any gun parts or firearms as of August 29th you cannot go to a main office and ship items. You must have an account and the items will be picked up by a driver. They do not care if you are shipping a pistol slide or a black powder rifle. I guess they do not care about how much money they are going to lose. I guess I'm going back to snail mail.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    How are they going to know if you’re shipping gun parts? More ridiculous sh*t to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Not this again.

I've shipped plenty of "forgings," "toolings," and "machine parts" over the years.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just more of the great reset global elites sidestepping our whole legislative and judicial systems to attack the 2a in the private sector. Without a parallel, liberty-based economy, it'll be tough to fight this.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Is this at ALL UPS locations? I know a year ago or so, the Frederick UPS hub had a sign that said no firearms, but I shipped a firearm out, told the lady, who shrugged her shoulders, and shipped it out. Now, the Westminster UPS store won't ship anything out gun related, so I always use a copier parts box, and throw a spare roller in the box and list it as copier parts. I shipped a rifle 6 months ago from the Sparks hub without issue. At least we can still ship rifles thru the US mail. Just have to make it registered if I recall what the clerk told me. She said her husband shipped them out that way.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Is this at ALL UPS locations? I know a year ago or so, the Frederick UPS hub had a sign that said no firearms, but I shipped a firearm out, told the lady, who shrugged her shoulders, and shipped it out. Now, the Westminster UPS store won't ship anything out gun related, so I always use a copier parts box, and throw a spare roller in the box and list it as copier parts. I shipped a rifle 6 months ago from the Sparks hub without issue. At least we can still ship rifles thru the US mail. Just have to make it registered if I recall what the clerk told me. She said her husband shipped them out that way.
    Yes. All UPS locations it is their new company policy was in the Frederick main office today girl working there gave me a heads up, I have been shipping long guns there for years. Parts are parts but I would not lie about a gun in case for some reason it comes up lost and you are calling the ATF about a lost gun.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I’ve started doing all my shipping threw Pirate Ship. Lowest rates and you choose USPS or UPS. Box it up at home, print the label, just drop off at counter have then scan and give you receipt. None the wiser.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Just a heads up if you plan on shipping any gun parts or firearms as of August 29th you cannot go to a main office and ship items. You must have an account and the items will be picked up by a driver. They do not care if you are shipping a pistol slide or a black powder rifle. I guess they do not care about how much money they are going to lose. I guess I'm going back to snail mail.
    A BP rifle is not a firearm per Federal law unless it uses cartridges and that ammunition is readily available commercially.

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    I’ve started doing all my shipping threw Pirate Ship. Lowest rates and you choose USPS or UPS. Box it up at home, print the label, just drop off at counter have then scan and give you receipt. None the wiser.
    Drop it off at what counter?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Drop it off at what counter?
    Walk into post office counter counter or UPS store counter, state “I have a prepaid label”, they put it on scale to verify weight isn’t over, hand you your receipt acknowledging you turned it over to them, and away you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom