• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I agree with the decision to load them bad boys up and make them go bang!!!!!

The dents aren't 'that' bad, and they'll fireform out and look like new.

If you're afraid to shoot them, let me know. I'll take them off your hands and swap you 1 for 1 with brass w/ no dents.
    I'm 'that' confident in those cases. :thumbsup:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Lube dents are normally higher on the shoulder and they are oval most of the time. Plus you would not have that many cases with the same dent.
    Exactly.

Been reloading since '71 and have created my own share of oil dents while making cases or reforming from another caliber. They do not intersect the shoulder/body junction and will dish the entire shoulder first. The OP's pictures above show mechanical damage from the firearm.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Exactly.

Been reloading since '71 and have created my own share of oil dents while making cases or reforming from another caliber. They do not intersect the shoulder/body junction and will dish the entire shoulder first. The OP's pictures above show mechanical damage from the firearm.

Exactly. Most Semi Autos tend to do this. Ar's, AK's, SKS's, and Mini's leave a mark on their brass.

ratcheting hammer

Evil Twin
    Mar 29, 2013
    Washington County
    Second and fourth case in your picture I would not use. Dents appear deep with sharp creases. This may be lessened when you full length resize. But one should remember that the calculated explosion will only be inches from your face, fingers are difficult and expensive to reattach. Also in the current supply and demand environment if you had a kaboom and survived unscathed it may prove very difficult to replace your firearm. Be picky your guns and face deserve it.

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    If you're too uncomfortable shooting them get rid of them or just cut the case down and make them into 300 blackout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom