• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    crimsontrace.jpg

Also, UPS dropped off my Midway order of ammo and magazines. Now all I need is the damn .380 that I bought on Sunday. Stupid Maryland waiting period!

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I've heard some decent things about them too. My woman's uncle got a Kahr pocket carry .380 that I'd like to shoot. I'm pretty sure that was about as much as my M&P though...heh.

jessestone

Jan 18, 2011
    One of our Lt.'s has one as a OD/BUG. Had it for 15 years, then the frame cracked. He contacted Bersa and sent it back. They sent him a new gun for free. Not bad service.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I have several Bersa's. The .380 Thunder, the Thunder CC, and a .45 compact. I have had exactly 0 problems with any of them. Very accurate and dependable.

MH

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Two more days. This wait is killing me. I purchased some more ammo at Walmart today. I'm going to enjoy sending it down range later this week. :)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've always liked that two-tone look. I already have several .380's, but what's "one more mouth to feed" gonna hurt? Besides, I have plenty enough ammo on hand...;)

Very nice.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Just one word of caution. The feed ramp is part of the aluminum frame. It is anodized, but if you try to polish it, you will remove the anodizing, it will be soft and ruined.
    Never had any feed problems with mine, but I thought I'd mention it.

MH

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Just one word of caution. The feed ramp is part of the aluminum frame. It is anodized, but if you try to polish it, you will remove the anodizing, it will be soft and ruined.
    Never had any feed problems with mine, but I thought I'd mention it.

MH

Thanks MD Hunter, thats very good info to know. :thumbsup:

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Range Report!

After many rounds I was able to site in the crimson trace laser pretty accurately for 25ft. They come from the factory sited for 50. 250 rounds down range and I only had 1 FTL. I think I'm going to go ahead and blame that on the magazine. The one factory Bersa magazine that came with the weapon has worked flawlessly. The two Pro Mag magazines have given me some issues. There was the 1 FTL that I mentioned, and sometimes the rounds would jam up the magazine while reloading. Tapping the back of the mag after every other round seemed to correct that issue. It just seems odd to me for a magazine that only holds 7 rounds. Also, certain ammo caused the slide to release when slamming the magazine into the magazine well. Thats not really an issue with the safety on, but I wonder if it would cause an accidental discharge if the safety was disengaged?

Of the ammunition that I fed it, I liked the Federal Hydra-shoks the best. They had the least recoil and were also the most accurate. I also fired Speer Gold Dots, Magtech Guardian Gold +P's, Federal Independence, and Winchester white box. For range ammo, the WWB worked great. The Speer gave me the FTL, and the Magtech +P's really do kick more. The gun managed to give me a blister at the base of my thumb while firing the +P's. I honestly did not expect that kind of recoil from a .380. Overall, its a great little pocket pistol and I'm very happy with it. I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    The Bersa mags are expensive, but flawless. The Promags are hit or miss. I got a few from Midway a while back that had no problems whatsoever, but overall they get a very poor review everywhere you read. Everyone seems to agree that the factory mags are worth the cost.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom