• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I recently took a class and submitted for my Utah CCW. I was wondering if anyone had any thin good or bad to say about their experience with their application or once they had it?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I think you'll find that the "Utah experience" is a pleasant one. BCI is a wonderful agency to deal with, in every respect. Permits are issued in a timely manner. We've taught more Utah permit students than I can tell you about and I haven't had a single person come back and say that they've had any issues with either BCI or carrying with the permit.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What are you looking for? Take the class, fill out the app, include a check, mail it to UT and wait.

The Good: I can carry in 33+/- states
    The Bad: I can't protect myself in my own state of residence.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Take Parbreak's class (Mid Atlantic Firearms Training) bring your checks ID etc... He will do the photos, prints and mail your packet.

I took it a while back and got my permit within the 60 day window!

No negatives to report.

PowderFinger

Certified Gun Nut
    Oct 24, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    I think you'll find that the "Utah experience" is a pleasant one. BCI is a wonderful agency to deal with, in every respect. Permits are issued in a timely manner. We've taught more Utah permit students than I can tell you about and I haven't had a single person come back and say that they've had any issues with either BCI or carrying with the permit.

Do they cash your check before the 60 days start?

netspec

Sep 30, 2008
    Randallstown, MD
    Take Parbreak's class (Mid Atlantic Firearms Training) bring your checks ID etc... He will do the photos, prints and mail your packet.

I took it a while back and got my permit within the 60 day window!

No negatives to report.

What he said!!! Haven't had an opportunity to us mine as yet.

Freedom

Aug 15, 2011
    I received my Utah CCW today - 7 weeks after submission. While I'm pretty happy to have a CCW permit, it kills me that I have no such right in my home state.

danielw

Nov 4, 2008
    middle river md
    When I went to N. H. this summer When I was asked if I had a permit I gave him the UTAH permit and had no problem. I wanted to see what would happen. I have a N H permit too.

Freedom

Aug 15, 2011
    ok, ok.. I'll admit it. In the past two days, I used my CCW Permit as ID on Amtrak, checking into a hotel and getting into an office building. No one noticed/mentioned it.

It's the little things that keep me happy.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I mailed my application on Sept. 24th, they cashed my check on Oct. 11th, and i just recieved my permit Nov. 23rd. Just 43 days from when they cashed my check. Sit back and relax, it will show up before you know it. I spent my time researching IBW holsters. Under recomendations here i ordered a super tuck for the G27.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom