• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Patriot

Jan 22, 2010
    I may be interested in going. I was doing some Utah CCW permit research. I even contacted a guy who is certified for Utah.

Have any info on the class? Location time and price?

Thanks

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm going to the one this Saturday the 30th in Waldorf, I'll update afterwards and let you guys know how it is.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Hello all, I am a member although I have not been here long. The class for this Saturday is full. The class on February 21, 2010 has just opened for registration. Sorry it is the same day as the frost bite shoot. If you go to the shoot you may be able to get into one of the classes cheap. Two gift certificates have been donated to MDS to use at the shoot. I will have another class on the books by the end of next week if everything goes well.

My class cost $150.00, I know that this is more than others in the area but I include everything you will need to apply for the permit for this price. Finger prints, Passport photos, notary service, and I will even mail your application packet to UT for you. The only other expense is the application fee to the state of UT for $65.25 .

Jonnyl I will see you on Saturday. Mdeng

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Guys, I attended the class in Waldorf on Saturday. It was good with the clear understanding of what the goals were and were not. The goal of the class was to go through the Utah state curriculum as required to qualify for the Utah state concealed carry permit. I thought the instructor did a great job covering the material, and he also added some videos that were humorous and/or interesting which also made good points in line with the topic being discussed.

As Mdeng mentions above, there are cheaper classes available, but I think the different classes offer differing levels of service. When I left the class Saturday Mdeng had my packet ready for mailing to Utah, and was going to mail the packets as well. I know myself well enough to know that I'd likely have taken the class, then put the fingerprint card on the counter at home and leave it there for months... So personally I like the fact that the class was a complete one-stop shop.

One other note: Never believe the weatherman!!! It took my 1.5 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home. About 2.5 of those were going 10 miles on the beltway!!!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Jonnyl, Thanks for coming out, it was great to meet you and some of the other members of MDS. I was very surpised that more did not cancel. Even better I had 35 registered for the class, 6 called to reschedule, 2 came in without advance registration and paid cash. So a total of 31 in the class with a snow storm raging outside.

I am glad to hear that everyone got home OK. One person even elected to stay at the hotel for the night.

All applications have been mailed with delivery confimation. Here is the confirmation label #0403 3105 4900 2310 2940 for anyone who would like to check on it. They should have it by the end of the week. Please let me know when you recieve your permits.

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    I was at the Utah CCW Class this past saturday as well. It was an excellent experience. Well worth it! I like one stop shopping, just show up, learn the required material, pay your fee, and everything is taken care of for you!

The instructor goes out of his way to give you a full service experience. He even helped several folks with there FL permit apps after class. :thumbsup:

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    Guys, I attended the class in Waldorf on Saturday. It was good with the clear understanding of what the goals were and were not. The goal of the class was to go through the Utah state curriculum as required to qualify for the Utah state concealed carry permit. I thought the instructor did a great job covering the material, and he also added some videos that were humorous and/or interesting which also made good points in line with the topic being discussed.

As Mdeng mentions above, there are cheaper classes available, but I think the different classes offer differing levels of service. When I left the class Saturday Mdeng had my packet ready for mailing to Utah, and was going to mail the packets as well. I know myself well enough to know that I'd likely have taken the class, then put the fingerprint card on the counter at home and leave it there for months... So personally I like the fact that the class was a complete one-stop shop.

One other note: Never believe the weatherman!!! It took my 1.5 hours to get there and 4.5 to get home. About 2.5 of those were going 10 miles on the beltway!!!

I also attended the class on 01/30 and I second everything said.

Mdeng gave a good class, and had a one-stop-shop that was professionally handled,
    prints, photos and notary. He even handled mailing the completed pack to Utah. :clap:

I highly recommend it to everyone, except the 3.5 hour ride back to White marsh in the snow.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    All applications have been mailed with delivery confimation. Here is the confirmation label #0403 3105 4900 2310 2940 for anyone who would like to check on it. They should have it by the end of the week. Please let me know when you recieve your permits.

Applications arrived today in UT. Start the clock and let me know when your permits arrive. I have heard from others that they are taking 5 to 7 weeks for processing.

Thanks for all the kind words. I hope to meet more MDS members in future classes. Mdeng

downforthecause

refugee from communist MD
    Nov 13, 2009
    I'm from MD, and moved to Utah for 3 months in '08...I gotta say, I plan on moving back. With this anti-my hobby stuff here in MD, I'm packin' it up and heading west as soon as feasible. Great state...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    It won't be long now. Those that took the December 13, 2009 class are receiving there permits. Many of them called me during the past week to let me know they had come in.:D Mdeng

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    A shameless Bump. I have seats available for this weekends class. If you would like to register please go to my web site http://www.genesisfirearms.com. I am working to schedule a class in late March, and hope to have it listed soon. Mdeng

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Another in Waldorf would be great.

Ask and you shall receive. I have just added a course March 21, 2010 in Waldorf, Maryland. Please visit http://www.genesisfirearms.com to register. :D For everyone who has taken a class. I listen to your suggestions and have added a second finger print tech to speed things up. And just to point it out I bring eclares made by Walls bakery to the class. If you have never eaten one of these you don't know what your missing. Mdeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom