• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Ask and you shall receive. I have just added a course March 21, 2010 in Waldorf, Maryland. Please visit http://www.genesisfirearms.com to register. :D For everyone who has taken a class. I listen to your suggestions and have added a second finger print tech to speed things up. And just to point it out I bring eclares made by Walls bakery to the class. If you have never eaten one of these you don't know what your missing. Mdeng

As of right now the 21st is looks good for me. Count me in!

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    I took my Utah class from Perin. He does a good job. The "one stop shop" setup is great. I received my permit last week after around 35 days.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Can't make it on the 21st but would be interested in the March class.

Kevlar, you are the first to register for the March class. So here's a little Karma, a MDS challenge coin will be in the mail to you this weekend. Thanks Mdeng

NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    Anyone else from the "blizzard class" getting itchy and anxiously checking the mail like a kid waiting for a decoder ring.....

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    Anyone else from the "blizzard class" getting itchy and anxiously checking the mail like a kid waiting for a decoder ring.....

Yeah, I have started counting days.... :innocent0 I guess it hasn't been too long I am just anxious. :rolleyes:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I've seen the Utah class offered at various times here on MDS. What is the advantage of this class & permit vs. Florida's permit?

MH

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I get emails and calls every week asking the same question. :innocent0 I don't mind, I was eager to get my permit as well. Let me know when your permits arrive. Mdeng

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've seen the Utah class offered at various times here on MDS. What is the advantage of this class & permit vs. Florida's permit?

MH

It all depends on where you travel. If you go to Florida then the Utah permit won't be any good for you, but the training you get from this class meets the requirements for the Florida permit. Florida also accepts a DD-214 or Military ID if you were/are in the military.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    It all depends on where you travel. If you go to Florida then the Utah permit won't be any good for you, but the training you get from this class meets the requirements for the Florida permit. Florida also accepts a DD-214 or Military ID if you were/are in the military.

Utah's permit is also a heckuva lot cheaper to get and maintain.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

I just got word that permits are coming in for those who took the Jan. 30, 2010 (blizzard)class. Let me know when your permit comes in. Mdeng

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    If I take this class does it mean I can carry a concealed weapon in Utah ?
    I was thinking there is a very small chance I may travel there some day and for $150 I can carry a concealed weapon legaly ;)

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    If I take this class does it mean I can carry a concealed weapon in Utah ?
    I was thinking there is a very small chance I may travel there some day and for $150 I can carry a concealed weapon legaly ;)

Not just Utah, but about 28 states including Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Delaware!

Of course not Maryland.. Got mine in the mail today!!! Now I need a new pistol!!

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    :beer: I recieved my permit yesterday as well :bannana:

Question, this is the first paragraph of my letter:

"You have been issued a concealed firearms permit by the Utah Department of Public Saftey, this permit is valid contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being recieved from the FBI. You will be notified if the fingerprints are rejected, or of a revocation if the FBI criminal history report contains information of a disqualifying nature."

It sounds like the process is not finished... So, why would they issue a permit that can be used immediately (and allow a potentially legally unqualified person to carry) before the checks are complete?

Don't get me wrong I am happy to have my permt! And I am grateful to the good state of Utah. I just crave logic and this seems odd.

Also, I am assuming that this is what everyones letter says, not just mine.:)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    No worries ampdog. The Utah B.C.I. has a requirement to issue permits within 60 days. In the past they have come very close or gone over that deadline. The decision was made to issue permits with after an initial F.B.I. backround check. They send the letter incase something comes back after further checks. This way they can issue the permits and have an easy way to recall one if it is a problem. Glad to hear your permit came. Use it well and stay safe. Mdeng

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom