• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I see that your HQ is in Richmomd, VA. Do you ever offer courses out of the POW range in Fort Lee, VA?

I've actually never been there, and I think its closed right now. I'll go just about anywhere to teach a class though. If there's a way, we can certainly entertain the idea.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I've actually never been there, and I think its closed right now. I'll go just about anywhere to teach a class though. If there's a way, we can certainly entertain the idea.

It is open. I go there occasionally when I go home to visit my parents. They are only open on Sunday. The guy that runs the range is very friendly as are most of the people I've met that shoot there. They have two RSO - one for the pistol range and one for the rifle range. I don't know how they maintain their staffing level considering they only charge $5/hour. I like shooting there. It is friendly and informal but at the same time they take safety seriously and I think the RSO presence is a good thing.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    full disclosure...

I've taken two classes with jim and recommend him highly.

Perrin is a friend, and my wife has taken her UT with him and still has nice things to say :D

Depending on your particulars, either is a fine choice.

Mr H your wife was a great student. If my memory serves me she is a teacher and should be able to point out any flaws in my methods.

We are now working with a St. Charles Sportsman's club and using their range for classes. The club is located in Waldorf, MD. Their range is a 25 yard indoor pistol range.

So far we are set up to teach the HQL course and we are working on the 16 hour wear and carry class and 8 hour wear and carry refresher class.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just a point of clarification - the prints need to be done at a "law enforcement agency", not necessarily by a "law enforcement officer".

A few years ago when I called down to Florida to get some info, they made a notable distinction about this. They said that most LEA's have civilian fingerprint technicians and they are not officers but can do the prints....and some agencies let the officers do prints as well.

They also said that some LEO's were doing prints on the side (making some extra $$), and their agencies were not aware that the officer was doing this, or did not approve the prints being done since they were done without the approval of the agency and that conflicted with Florida law.

Yes, on 'agency'. Military, both active and reserves, can get them on base by Security Forces/Military Police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom