• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Altered voice notwithstanding, true or not ? Things that make you say hmmmm ...

Long audio, (1+) hour

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'm more than a little suspicious. His first sentence is not correct--private hospitals don't 'fall under' private insurance. The language he uses isn't at the level of a physician IMHO-- he doesn't sound like any physician or psychiatrist I've ever known and much of what is said is questionable. Prescribing a new med and not seeing the patient for follow up till 3 months later? Unheard of in primary care and likely negligence in psychiatry! After a few minutes I just couldn't listen anymore, my BS meter was off the scale.

I'm a healthcare provider and I have first-hand knowledge of care in the VA; this recording is highly suspicious to me....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm more than a little suspicious. His first sentence is not correct--private hospitals don't 'fall under' private insurance. The language he uses isn't at the level of a physician IMHO-- he doesn't sound like any physician or psychiatrist I've ever known and much of what is said is questionable. Prescribing a new med and not seeing the patient for follow up till 3 months later? Unheard of in primary care and likely negligence in psychiatry! After a few minutes I just couldn't listen anymore, my BS meter was off the scale.

I'm a healthcare provider and I have first-hand knowledge of care in the VA; this recording is highly suspicious to me....

Agree. This does not smell quite right.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I don't doubt they would put a bounty on confiscation of weapons ... but the report is not credible (yet).

TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring

+1

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I admit I didn't watch the video. However, as an active duty doctor who rotated through the VA during fellowship, I can tell you the DoD and the VA is not equipped to handle the paperwork and payment hurdles to process intermittent payments to their staff. These systems barely function when paying twice monthly payments that only change with the annual pay increases or time in service increases. Thinking about the steps required to "prove" you saw the patient and recommended weapons removal (and believe me, your computerized note wouldn't cut it), followed by confirmation by multiple people from the police agency through various administrators that the weapons were removed before you got your money equals total goat rope to me. I call BS solely on the technical issues the VA couldn't overcome.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Altered voice notwithstanding, true or not ? Things that make you say hmmmm ...

Long audio, (1+) hour

****No way - calling BS. I wonder who is stirring the pot and why would they go to the trouble of doing the recording, voice alteration, etc...

I know plenty of physicians in the VA system - including psychiatrists, counselors, social workers, etc.. and this is the first I ever heard of this. I won't even go into the nightmare it would be to even be able to collect the 3k bonus from something like this as someone else has alluded to with the present systems billing and *significant* checks and balances with respect to payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom