• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Picked up this VZ24 at Gettysburg. I hadn't planned to spend much money but couldn't pass it up. It hasn been refurbed. Has the 3 line BRNO receiver marking. Acceptance date 1928. Bolt serial lined out and it's stamped matching on the root of the handle. Stock matches receiver. The wrist sling swivel has been removed and plugged with wood. The bore is mirror bright. No import marks. It's really clean.

Attachments

• 20160530_131000.jpg
      20160530_131000.jpg
      97.4 KB · Views: 556

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Beautiful VZ.24! I remember looking at that one but decided to get something else which I might post up later if I get the chance. I didn't give it as much of a look over as I would've liked too.

The deleted side swivel is usually an indication of German modification. Can you post a picture of the renumbered bolt? That might be another sign.

I have a Yugo M24/52c with a German modified VZ.24 stock that I'll post later for comparison.

If you haven't already, check around on the stock for any German rework markings. Most I've seen don't have them, but you might get lucky.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Beautiful VZ.24! I remember looking at that one but decided to get something else which I might post up later if I get the chance. I didn't give it as much of a look over as I would've liked too.

The deleted side swivel is usually an indication of German modification. Can you post a picture of the renumbered bolt? That might be another sign.

I have a Yugo M24/52c with a German modified VZ.24 stock that I'll post later for comparison.

If you haven't already, check around on the stock for any German rework markings. Most I've seen don't have them, but you might get lucky.

Here's a picture of the renumbered bolt. It's 9458. I really like the VZ24's and I haven't seen a nice reasonable priced one for a long time.

Attachments

• 20160530_141747.jpg
      20160530_141747.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 533

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm thinking it's probably a German re-work like I suspected, but I could be wrong as these went under a lot of post war reworks as well. Do you have a picture of the rear barrel band? Has the swivel been removed?

Here's a picture of the Yugo M24/52c with German modified vz.24 stock I picked up from Lou last summer.

Mine has been modified like yours with the deleted wrist swivel. It has also had a bolt takedown washer added by the Germans, you can tell since it has waffenampts on it. It also has the original rifle's serial number (added by the Germans) on the underside of the stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpg
      IMG_2634.jpg
      154.9 KB · Views: 489
    • IMG_2639.jpg
      IMG_2639.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 492

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice find! Vz24s always remind me of K31s, very solid and smooth.
    OK Dan, you keep hinting at something you got @ Gettysburg. Driving me to distraction, what is it?

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I'm thinking it's probably a German re-work like I suspected, but I could be wrong as these went under a lot of post war reworks as well. Do you have a picture of the rear barrel band? Has the swivel been removed?

The rear band hasn't been modified. I couldn't find any German markings or any rebuild marks. There's something stamped behind the trigger guard but I can't tell what it is.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Picked up this VZ24 at Gettysburg. I hadn't planned to spend much money but couldn't pass it up. It hasn been refurbed. Has the 3 line BRNO receiver marking. Acceptance date 1928. Bolt serial lined out and it's stamped matching on the root of the handle. Stock matches receiver. The wrist sling swivel has been removed and plugged with wood. The bore is mirror bright. No import marks. It's really clean.

So beautiful great find. I really want one of these as well. Does anyone have a good source of information on this rifle?

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Check for a Nazi firing proof under the HG on the barrel. I have one that is identical (it is not in as nice shape as yours) and it has the proof mark on the port side of the barrel, just in front of the receiver. The only other modification was the removal of the side swivel on the front band and some imperial German small parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom