• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Does anyone know of any good gun stores around 6 o'clock to 10 o'clock on the beltway? Springfield, Fairfax, Vienna, etc.?

Last edited:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Potomac Arms on Prince street in Alexandria. It is about 5-10 minutes from the Wilson Bridge in medium traffic. Phone # (703) 836-7236. Real nice folk and a decent selection (compared to other areas and states). I have bought a couple of rifles from them and I always spend hours talking to one or two of the guys who works there whenever I visit.

I hope you meant inside the beltway as well. :o

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    I like Clark Bros, they treat you right and they have a free range out back so long as you buy the targets and ammo there....Great place, just wish it was not so far or they would get all my business..

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    tosainu1 said:
    I like Clark Bros, they treat you right and they have a free range out back so long as you buy the targets and ammo there....Great place, just wish it was not so far or they would get all my business..

Sounds like a cool place. Where is it?

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Clark Bros.

Clark Bros. is in Warrenton, you can find them in the yellow pages...They have a nice selection of C&R rifles and an awesome old winchester collection hanging all around the store....

BenReal

Jan 30, 2009
    Gilberts Small Arms range in Newington Va.
    about a mile south of Springfield.

Awesome gun store but horrendously busy lately.

As far as those Ruger mags go,you might want to call first but it's definitely a gun store I visit often becuase they have a great selection of used guns therte.

They also feature a comprehensive in door shooting range availible with a temporary membership or a yearly one.

But on the weekends this place is SLAMMED.

Totally full for most of Saturday and Sunday.

Great place to browse the used gun case though.

I have bought several used handguns from them.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Hopefully in the last FOUR years, 'ol DD should have collected enough by now ;)

I'll second Gilbert's as a good place to go. I'm a member there ( I work about ten minutes away). My co-workers and I have been known to take some loooooong lunches at Gilberts..........;)

Gilberts Small Arms range in Newington Va.
    about a mile south of Springfield.

Awesome gun store but horrendously busy lately.

As far as those Ruger mags go,you might want to call first but it's definitely a gun store I visit often becuase they have a great selection of used guns therte.

They also feature a comprehensive in door shooting range availible with a temporary membership or a yearly one.

But on the weekends this place is SLAMMED.

Totally full for most of Saturday and Sunday.

Great place to browse the used gun case though.

I have bought several used handguns from them.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Geez.....talk about thread of the living dead :D

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Virginia Arms in Manassas is nice

Do you mean Dominion?

I'm thinking of a place right on 28. If you're coming from I64 it will be on the left. Great place. Tons of surplus junk for cheap. :thumbsup: They have moved. Their old location was further down on the left. I think they got broken in to or something :(

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Do you mean Dominion?

I'm thinking of a place right on 28. If you're coming from I64 it will be on the left. Great place. Tons of surplus junk for cheap. :thumbsup: They have moved. Their old location was further down on the left. I think they got broken in to or something :(

9760 Center street

I get there by going 66 to the 2nd 234 exit, taking to the end, make left on Rt28 go past court house and its down on the left side in a small strip of stores.
    I was in there the other day, great guys and will be calling me when Pmags come back in:D

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Potomac Arms on Prince street in Alexandria. It is about 5-10 minutes from the Wilson Bridge in medium traffic. Phone # (703) 836-7236. Real nice folk and a decent selection (compared to other areas and states). I have bought a couple of rifles from them and I always spend hours talking to one or two of the guys who works there whenever I visit.

I hope you meant inside the beltway as well. :o

Is the the same place that's been around almost forever, Interarms? Bought from them years ago, they were OK by me.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Virginia Arms and Dominion were pretty close together from what I recall. Virginia Arms is a great place with some of the best customer service I've experienced anywhere.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Thanks guys... Now Ima have to run to VA and get some ammo and mags.

you guys are bad bad bunch of people. I could be using this money to buy contraceptives for poor countries.
    We need some politicians that will ensure this spare money I have goes to just and fair causes.

BenReal

Jan 30, 2009
    lol.

Don't worry.

There is'nt a politician that ever lived that did'nt want to spend every cent you could ever make for themselves ...uh...I meant to help others.

And I apologize about the old thread.

I diid not look for it-it was on the front page of a sub forum page.

I'll look at the dates better from now on.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    out the old thread.

I diid not look for it-it was on the front page of a sub forum page.

I'll look at the dates better from now on.

No problem at all. I started this thread and it is as valid today as it was when I started it (albeit for different reasons).

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    No problem at all. I started this thread and it is as valid today as it was when I started it (albeit for different reasons).

Thanks to you I spent $200. You sir, are a bad influence. Those $200 couldve gone to fight global warming. I hope you can live with yourself knowing that thanks to you, I drove to Leesburg spewing CO2 in my non-hybrid car. Which in turn made me spend more gas by driving to the range and firing toxic gasses from a rifle.

There was a forecast for snow yesterday. Thanks to your bad influence it will be 75 degrees tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom