• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=117533&catid=158

Chris was a friend, a dear friend, we worked together (I also used to bartend at Bennigan's) thank God I got to see and say goodbye to him the night he was taken from us, we were supposed to play football the morning of thanksgiving he was killed comming hom ethe night before ...Rest easy brother they got of the guys

LA PLATA, Md. (WUSA) -- A King George County man has been arrested and charged with the Thanksgiving Day 2004 murder of 23-year-old Chris Mader.

Mader, an aspiring sportscaster, was driving to his St. Charles home from work after working at a Bennigan's restaurant in Waldorf.

Matthew Derek Correll, 29, of King George, Va., faces a six count indictment that includes charges of first degree murder and attempted robbery.

Sources close to the case say that investigators believe Correll is the trigger-man, at that there is an ongoing investigation to identify possible accomplices who participated in what appears to be a botched robbery.

Mader was shot while driving his car, which crashed into an electrical box at the intersection of Smallwood Drive and St. Stephen's Drive, before dawn on Thanksgiving Day 2004.

The case mystified investigators and resulted in a $30,000 dollar reward being offered, including funds donated by a local iron worker's union.

The case was also featured on the television show "America's Most Wanted."

Investigators say they got a break in early 2010 resulting in the indictment against Correll. They would not reveal details, saying the investigation is continuing.

Mader's family stood holding portraits of him as the announcement of the arrest was made. "He's resting easier today," his mother said, as she held back tears.

Written by Scott Broom
    9NEWS NOW & wusa9.com

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    they finally found the guy responsible? I remember that news story and thought that the culprite would get away with it due to lack of witnesses.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    yeah I don't know how they found him...my guess is someone that knew got casught and gave him up for time off... won't bring Chris back but at least there's a face to blame now, and at least this thanksgiving they can be thankfull that the wheels of justice finnaly caught up to the POS that stole Chris's life from us

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    I was happy and surprised to read the paper and find that the POS responsible was found after all this time. Thoughts to you, all his friends and family.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    we get together every year to remember him, if you ever go to the westlake area of waldorf there's always a cross at his murder site (right before you get to the hampshire neigborhood)

it was so senseless it make no sense... they didn't even get his money he was killed for nothing ... still makes me mad

knockretard

Feb 9, 2009
    I'm really glad they found this guy, this guy Corroll is a low-life. He spent most of the time since the murder locked up for unnrelated charges. I also have a female friend who worked with Chris at Bennigans who was devastated when this happened.

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and I'm glad they got the bastard.

I think the moral is to GTFO of PG ASAP if you can, and support MSI

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom