• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    From the Newsweek article: "McEachin also suggested removing state funding from areas that do not comply with Northam's gun laws."

Maybe the good people of Virginia will stop sending their tax dollars to Richmond, and instead send them to the county or city in which they reside. Perhaps if that happens Bloomberg will open a line of credit to Richmond at what I'm sure will be favorable terms.

Unfortunately citizens don’t get a say where their tax dollars go because they are stolen out of their paychecks before they receive them. If that were the case, none of my tax money would go to Baltimore, Annapolis, etc.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Unfortunately citizens don’t get a say where their tax dollars go because they are stolen out of their paychecks before they receive them. If that were the case, none of my tax money would go to Baltimore, Annapolis, etc.

At least the money that they steal from us is not wasted and they are constantly trying to reduce spending.

I'm for a consumption tax personally, but that's just me. Tax me when I buy something. Dont force me to work 40% of my time for your benefit without my choice.

Could just cut income taxes totally and let me work 6 hours of my 10 hour days in my given profession and then finish the last 4 hours on the cotton fields.

I got no problem with taxes. I get why taxes are needed. I just don't like they way they are collected or the extreme waste involved along with lack of accountability from those who receive the money.

one of many examples>>>

Chump change adds up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Xz3v-qkE8

"we don't have the records, we just spend the money"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmX4Qk1SrUY

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And if by some very remote chance that vsp or nat guard obey the dimwits and try to take the firearms, their will be a firefight to the end i think and its not going to go down well at all..You can be sure that people are getting ammo for their rifles now and giving them the once over to make sure they are ready to use because once that first door is taken all bets are off.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    And if by some very remote chance that vsp or nat guard obey the dimwits and try to take the firearms, their will be a firefight to the end i think and its not going to go down well at all..You can be sure that people are getting ammo for their rifles now and giving them the once over to make sure they are ready to use because once that first door is taken all bets are off.

My guess is that the gov will ultimately not go the route of passing and enforcing what they have proposed.

They will instead make some edits (that are still infringing) so that they can say, "hey, we realized the original proposal was a bit over the top, this new law is a fair compromise". The gov will do this to try and show that they are trying to compromise and the other side wants the wild west. So that if/when bullets fly they can say, we did not want this, the people brought it on them self. They are not law abiding. We signed it into law and they are not following the law.

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau

That reminds me, I'm pretty haphazard about what is zeroed and what's not. I need to take one or two at a time, zero at appropriate range, and TAG them with a "Zeroed on this date___ with this ammo____, center hold at ___yds". Set those with zero stops at 0, maybe a dab of nail polish on the others as a quick reference.
    Because you're right, when it's time, it's time...

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017

Maybe some of the folks in VA will direct their employers to deduct no taxes or withholdings, and simultaneously make a solid commitment to pay the government of Virginia any taxes owed via the local government and constabulary.

Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    Calling out VNG

How many of the VNG do you think own the very same weapons, and components, that "Mr Blackface" wants to ban and have them confiscate?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have seen that referenced statement often. A "constitutional law" when attempting to cancel out the protections afforded by the 2nd Amendment. It falls immediately on it's face. :rolleyes:

The term “repugnant to the Constitution” comes to mind....where, oh where have I heard that term before? Oh yeah!

A law repugnant to the Constitution is void
    - Marbury v Madison.

How many of the VNG do you think own the very same weapons, and components, that "Mr Blackface" wants to ban and have them confiscate?

They are cute. “If the cops won’t do it, we’ll call out the National Guard!!”

They don’t want to do it either! They’ll need to get Antifa to do it. Or maybe the Mom’s in pink ***** hats.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    That reminds me, I'm pretty haphazard about what is zeroed and what's not. I need to take one or two at a time, zero at appropriate range, and TAG them with a "Zeroed on this date___ with this ammo____, center hold at ___yds".

that's something i need to do with guns, dirt bikes (oil changes etc), etc. i have a couple of rifles with scopes on them and frankly not sure if i ever re-zeroed after re-mounting the scopes...

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

If you don't like the government stealing money out of your paycheck then get involved with politics in your state and work to elect people who think like you do.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    If you don't like the government stealing money out of your paycheck then get involved with politics in your state and work to elect people who think like you do.

Good luck finding ANY politician that thinks the Federal income tax should be abolished.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Without our tax money to fund their political schemes, they’ve got no power. Indeed, that would leave them fiscally as well as morally bankrupt.

Americans are tolerant. We used to be trusting. They’ve wrung that out of anybody who is watchful and thoughtful. Those very same folks who were watchful and thoughtful are recently much more diligent in their careful consideration of those who run our country. My guess is they also enjoy a great deal of creativity in how they might respond to further overt acts of tyranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom