Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    Last edited:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Sorry, missed your other question.

Yes, you need to wait a month from the time you took possession of your last regulated weapon (whatever date appears on the pink form). So Nov 19.

BTW, you can buy more than one regulated weapon at a time--for example two pistols--which will save $10 in fees in a combined application. But it means you have to wait longer until your next purchase... another 30 days for each regulated weapon.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    but can/should I start the paperwork now ? the gun is paid for (brought it on gunbroker.com) all I need is the paperwork and pay BTP arms the transfer fees but must I wait untill after the 19 to submit the paperwork or can that be done ahead of time I just can't take possesion till the 19th?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You can always go ahead and fill out the paperwork now, just make sure they don't call it in until after the 16th. But you don't *have* to fill out the paperwork until the day it's called in, so I'd ask your FFL what they prefer.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    You can always go ahead and fill out the paperwork now, just make sure they don't call it in until after the 16th. But you don't *have* to fill out the paperwork until the day it's called in, so I'd ask your FFL what they prefer.

you need to get your maryland collectors status and say goodbye to 30 day waiting periods..... the 7 day wait still does apply though. and might as well get your C&R federal license:D

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    just went and saw my gun, brain over at BTP arms was nice enough to even let me open it for the first time

gun looked great was exactly what I wanted (heard horror stories about buying guns on gunbroker.com and not getting what you thought you were) can't wait to take her out to the range

side note you guys gotta look into the folks at keepshooting.com aka BTP Arms Brian is a great guy answered questions was honnest showed me a few things I wanted to look at also helped me out and gave a firearms collector application so I can say goodbye to this 30 day wait stuff between buys

anyway they have a lot of neat stuff check them out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom