• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Problem is most states in pro-2A circuits aren't likely to pass the sorts of gun control laws that would be found in unconstitutional in those circuits. Unless somewhere like TX or TN decides to "Take one for the team" by intentionally passing something extreme they want overturned. But that's not going to happen.
    doesn't need to be a big conflict, merely important. We are likely get one between the 4th, 9th, 3d, 7th and 2d Circuits to some extent. Rahimi may add some clarification

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    doesn't need to be a big conflict, merely important. We are likely get one between the 4th, 9th, 3d, 7th and 2d Circuits to some extent. Rahimi may add some clarification
    You might want to share some of that optimism on the MSI Discord channel. That place was a black hole of it's-the-end-of-the-line-for-2A-in-4CA doom and gloom last night.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    You might want to share some of that optimism on the MSI Discord channel. That place was a black hole of it's-the-end-of-the-line-for-2A-in-4CA doom and gloom last night.
    Oh, I am not optimistic. En banc in these three cases (Price, HQL and Bianchi) is bad. The 4th Circuit is a hostile court to 2A rights, no doubt. The question is rather how bad and whether the SCT will act in these cases, or similar cases. On those questions, only time will tell.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Oh, I am not optimistic. En banc in these three cases (Price, HQL and Bianchi) is bad. The 4th Circuit is a hostile court to 2A rights, no doubt. The question is rather how bad and whether the SCT will act in these cases, or similar cases. On those questions, only time will tell.
    I'm optimistic that SCOTUS will eventually take on this issue set, even if it's with a different case. There is much more than 2A at risk: it's SCOTUS' writ in general and ultimately rule of law if lower courts can overtly conduct process lawfare as a means of defying superior courts on major issues.

That's institutional structural rot that will spread further if not checked. It's bad enough similar processes have been happening in Congress and the Executive Branch over the past decade, now we're at risk of losing the remaining branch of government that is the one that's supposed to be all about adherence to rules, process, and procedure as its core mission.

Last edited:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Once again Gunpolicy celebrating their epic wins knowing full well they're going to get embarrassed in en banc hearing. They never talk about how badly they lose at the "full circuit" level.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I'm optimistic that SCOTUS will eventually take on this issue set, even if it's with a different case. There is much more than 2A at risk: it's SCOTUS' writ in general and ultimately rule of law if lower courts can overtly conduct process lawfare as a means of defying superior courts on major issues.

That's institutional structural rot that will spread further if not checked. It's bad enough similar processes have been happening in Congress and the Executive Branch over the past decade, now we're at risk of losing the remaining branch of government that is the one that's supposed to be all about adherence to rules, process, and procedure as its core mission.
    If/when that happens, pitchforks, torches, tar, feathers and rails will be all that remain.

And it will be glorious! :lol2:

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'll surely need depends.....

I may or may not have brought these to concerts for when you’re in general admission but don’t want to lose you spot.

5f43a5caafd061cdcad7f7fc78c899a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Anyone have the link to listen later today?
    This appears to be it, begins at 9AM:

(The original link to the livestream for this oral argument, as listed on the published docket, is broken, so this appears to be the current link.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom