• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But like the others, other states do have cases to lose if this goes to SCOTUS

Frosh got down on his knees and begged DC. not to appeal Wrenn.

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    I'm still miffed that I spent all that money on training, HQL fees, fingerprint fees, etc., and they didn't even give me a HQL card to carry. All I got was an email that I could print out. I didn't want to carry a printed email around all folded up. For the money I spent, they could have at least given me a spiffy card to carry in my wallet.

It's a moot point now, as shortly after getting my HQL email, I got my CCW and this time, I did get a card to carry, lol. At least I got something for the $ I spent, more fees, more fingerprints, answering the same questions over and over, same as on the HQL, 77R, CCW applications.

If this decision holds or goes to SCOTUS and they make the ultimate ruling in our favor, maybe we can file a class action lawsuit against MD to get our fee money back. Probably wishful thinking but we can still dream...

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Maryland Matters has posted this:

“This law is not about stripping away rights from responsible gun owners – it’s about every Marylander having the right to live free from fear,” Moore said.

This decision today is about every Marylander having the right to live free from fear by being able to defend themselves, their family, and their friends with a handgun. I gave additional donations to MSI today. Thank you, team MSI!

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It's been discussed before but at some point, something really needs to be done to politicians who author and pass these draconian bills knowing full well they will fail in the courts. But because the legal appeals process takes so long, they do it with impunity. And as soon as it's struck down. they will repeat the process (with slight variations) to continue to drag it out in the courts, to be paid for, of course, by the taxpayers. People like Raskin can sit back and continue playing computer chess while continuing to deny citizens their constitutional rights. Pie in the sky dreaming, I know...

Last edited:

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I am not smart in legal matters... So no more 77R / HQL? I can just walk into Maryland Elte Firearms and buy a pistol and take it home?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm still miffed that I spent all that money on training, HQL fees, fingerprint fees, etc., and they didn't even give me a HQL card to carry. All I got was an email that I could print out. I didn't want to carry a printed email around all folded up. For the money I spent, they could have at least given me a spiffy card to carry in my wallet.

It's a moot point now, as shortly after getting my HQL email, I got my CCW and this time, I did get a card to carry, lol. At least I got something for the $ I spent, more fees, more fingerprints, answering the same questions over and over, same as on the HQL, 77R, CCW applications.

If this decision holds or goes to SCOTUS and they make the ultimate ruling in our favor, maybe we can file a class action lawsuit against MD to get our fee money back. Probably wishful thinking but we can still dream...
    Yeah....That's not how that works.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am not smart in legal matters... So no more 77R / HQL? I can just walk into Maryland Elte Firearms and buy a pistol and take it home?
    No more HQL (if not appealed), 77R is still required.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Yes, the state wants to appeal enough banc. Folks I trust here think it's likely.

But not today. Today is a good day, full of hope.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    It's been discussed before but at some point, something really needs to be done to politicians who author and pass these draconian bills knowing full well they will fail in the courts.
    Lynch mobs were quite effective, yet bread and circuses mollified the public. Heck, I'd be willing to bet almost two thirds of the MGA could be sent to prison in any given year if one of their judge buddies would let their shenanigans be heard in court before a jury.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Big hat tip to Bryan Sears for using this photo on their FB post.

404895068_744893924335445_6400644686866733551_n.jpg

Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    It's been discussed before but at some point, something really needs to be done to politicians who author and pass these draconian bills knowing full well they will fail in the courts. But because the legal appeals process takes so long, they do it with impunity. And as soon as it's struck down. they will repeat the process (with slight variations) to continue to drag it out in the courts, to be paid for, of course, by the taxpayers. People like Raskin can sit back and continue playing computer chess while continuing to deny citizens their constitutional rights. Pie in the sky dreaming, I know...

Lynch mobs were quite effective, yet bread and circuses mollified the public. Heck, I'd be willing to bet almost two thirds of the MGA could be sent to prison in any given year if one of their judge buddies would let their shenanigans be heard in court before a jury.

Probably more wishful thinking on my part, but we now have a Pro 2A Speaker of the House with Mike Johnson, so all we would need would be for the house to pass legislation that makes it illegal for any federal or state legislature to draft, submit, and pass any legislation that is anti-constitutional, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Just like they hold us to the "Ignorance of the Law is no Excuse" standard, we should be able to hold them to that same standard.

They either knew, or "should have known" that the legislation they were proposing was flying in the face of the constitution. Give em' jail penalties if they violate the constitution and hold them accountable, and this crap will be taken care of real quick. They keep doing this over and over because they're never held accountable and there's no penalties that they need to worry about. Of course, we'd still need to get approval from the Senate and the Resident. But even if they veto the bill, the point would be made, they would be put on notice, and the first shot will have been fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom