• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I honestly don’t mind the HQL. Would rather have the MD magazine ban lifted and vendors start carrying over 10 rounds magazines all over again. Was there when 30 rounds was ok. Then it got changed to 20 rounds. Then down to 10 rounds. Hope it happens soon for MD
    i disagree i have to renew soon and i don't want to do all the hql stuff again. i see no point in it. i have guns already why do i need to prove to the crown that i can buy more when i want to. all gun laws are infringements

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    i disagree i have to renew soon and i don't want to do all the hql stuff again. i see no point in it. i have guns already why do i need to prove to the crown that i can buy more when i want to. all gun laws are infringements
    I have the same issue with the waiting period. I can walk into a store with a handgun on my hip, but i have to wait 7 days before i can go pick up my purchase. On what planet does that make any sense?

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Thank you MSI. End of year donation coming your way.

It still irks me that something so obviously unconstitutional on its face took 10 freaking years to overturn.
    Court cases take a long time to go through, of I read correctly this has been in the works since 2017.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Unfortunately there's no way Maryland is going to take this lying down. I suspect that this will be tied up in the courts for a long time to come.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP Advisory

IMG_0716.png
    IMG_0717.png

OP and D since MCMLXXV!

I can be an @$$HoLe! But i’m not a DoUcHeBaG!
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2019
    Harford County
    You don't mind paying money, wasting time to get permission to do more paper work, waste more time and money to exercise a right?
    $50 for the 1st 10 years then $20 for next 10 years. That’s not going to break the bank. The seminar/live firing with an LEO/Instructor I found truly helpful specially for the missus. Same sentiments shared by female goers in our class who had a lot of scenario questions to ask the LEO/Instructor. IMO the HQL is redundant as you would be going through another background check when buying a firearm anyway. So why 2 background checks with the HQL’s going to be outdated in 30 days time? I did it for the kicks of an HQL card that would have my photo and name on it that’s 2A specific in MD. No real time wasted being at the range with the missus doing some training together. Now will the HQL attainment process filter out crazies? No! Will it prevent bad guys from obtaining firearms illegally? No! Is the HQL as waste of time? Maybe! It’s just a thing that can be made unique to MD like Old Bay.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I really hope that this sticks. I have a gun that I bought on behalf of my son - it was something he wanted, but he didn't have the HQL, so I bought it and have been holding it. He was supposed to do the HQL so that I could transfer it to him, but thus far he hasn't gotten around to doing it. It would be nice for him to finally be able to legally own it.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    $50 for the 1st 10 years then $20 for next 10 years. That’s not going to break the bank. The seminar/live firing with an LEO/Instructor I found truly helpful specially for the missus. Same sentiments shared by female goers in our class who had a lot of scenario questions to ask the LEO/Instructor. IMO the HQL is redundant as you would be going through another background check when buying a firearm anyway. So why 2 background checks with the HQL’s going to be outdated in 30 days time? I did it for the kicks of an HQL card that would have my photo and name on it that’s 2A specific in MD. No real time wasted being at the range with the missus doing some training together. Now will the HQL attainment process filter out crazies? No! Will it prevent bad guys from obtaining firearms illegally? No! Is the HQL as waste of time? Maybe! It’s just a thing that can be made unique to MD like Old Bay.
    Huh? I’m going to go rub sh1t in my hair now.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Please don't vote or procreate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Would you be ok with MD requiring you to take a speech class, taking an English test and then waiting 30 days before being allowed to give a speech on the steps of the Statehouse in Annapolis?

Didn’t think so

Please go apply for the new Free speech license being issued by MD

Last edited:

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    You in favor of poll taxes too?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Would you be ok with MD requiring you to take a speech class, taking an English test and then waiting 30 days before being allowed to give a speech on the steps of the Statehouse in Annapolis?

Didn’t think so

Please go apply for the new Free speech license being issued by MD
    A passing grade in civics should be a mandatory requirement before being allowed to vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom