• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have stopped giving donations and buying people memberships. On average one a month. I have given lots of donations but I think getting more members is important as well.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It gives the ability to take the next step...kill the 7 day wait.
    The GA could probably keep a portion of the 7 day wait, if they limited it to the person's first firearm purchase. That would make a small amount of sense, even if its only justification would fall under the verboten "interest balancing" paradigm.

They'd roll it out with a flourish of trumpets, demonstrating how they stuck a finger into the eyes of gun owners and SCOTUS, while their voting base quivered ecstatically at the thought.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I'd bet $$$$ on the fact Judge Julius N. Richardson wrote the opinion- He's a Trump appointee in 2018.
    Is the whole reason behind the State's temper tantrum.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Yeah, but he wasn't the minority. That's the way the pendulum starts swinging the opposite direction.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The GA could probably keep a portion of the 7 day wait, if they limited it to the person's first firearm purchase. That would make a small amount of sense, even if its only justification would fall under the verboten "interest balancing" paradigm.

They'd roll it out with a flourish of trumpets, demonstrating how they stuck a finger into the eyes of gun owners and SCOTUS, while their voting base quivered ecstatically at the thought.
    That would all be dependent on a ruling in such a lawsuit and what they could do. If the 7 day was ruled Unconstitutional, then there is nothing the MGA could do to keep anything close to a 7 day wait.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'd bet $$$$ on the fact Judge Julius N. Richardson wrote the opinion- He's a Trump appointee in 2018.
    Is the whole reason behind the State's temper tantrum.
    Anyone that has actually read the opinion would know that.

"Reversed by published opinion. Judge Richardson wrote the opinion, in which Judge Agee joined. Senior Judge Keenan wrote a dissenting opinion."

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Again, 140,000 or so permit holders in Md and only 3,000 MSI members, we need to do better.

Think of the legal might we could bring to bear if all 140,000 permit holders joined. Not all gun owners, just permit holders. 140,000 times the minimum 25.00 membership!!! How about at least everyone on MDShooters?

MSI is why we have this victory and the injunction against sb1, so if you aren’t gonna be active at events at least join.

Rant over, sorry
    TD
    Add in the fact that the cost of MSI membership is a rounding error compared to the cost of getting a W&C permit, there really is little to no reason for permit holders, each of whom having personally benefited greatly from MSI's work, to not pony up a few extra bucks.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I just recieved first one just now . Didn't ( directly ) cost any $ , but I felt dirty .
    Wipe the dirt off with handfuls of greenbacks then send the "Dirty Money" to MSI for proper disposal. They will use it for soul cleansing lawsuits in support of the 2nd Amendment. You will feel much cleaner afterwords.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wipe the dirt off with handfuls of greenbacks then send the "Dirty Money" to MSI for proper disposal. They will use it for soul cleansing lawsuits in support of the 2nd Amendment. You will feel much cleaner afterwords.
    I’ve always been of the opinion that buying handguns is what they don’t want me doing….so I did.

The "Short Circuit" summary

Maryland not only requires a license to own a handgun, but also a license to carry one, and also an initial “handgun qualification license” before starting to try to own one. That initial license can take up to 30 days to obtain. Fourth Circuit: In olden times we didn’t have “qualification license” laws like these, so there shouldn’t be one now. Dissent: I don’t see an “infringe” here.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Maryland not only requires a license to own a handgun, but also a license to carry one, and also an initial “handgun qualification license” before starting to try to own one. That initial license can take up to 30 days to obtain. Fourth Circuit: In olden times we didn’t have “qualification license” laws like these, so there shouldn’t be one now. Dissent: I don’t see an “infringe” here.
    I hate it when they get the details wrong...

Feb 28, 2013

I dont see an infringe here??? :wtf:

Who’s the elitist douchnozzle who spouted that off?

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    This mornings lead story in the Sun paper states that the state will continue to require an HQL!
    Side bar: not being a native, I've always wondered why people from Baltimore always refer to the local printed news as the "Sun paper" and not just The Sun? Other cities don't call it the Post paper, or the Times paper, or the Daily News paper. A unique thing not found anywhere else in the nation. Just a Balmer thing I guess.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I dont see an infringe here??? :wtf:

Who’s the elitist douchnozzle who spouted that off?
    Her Honor the Senior Judge of the US 4th Court of Appeals. In her opinion, if there is even any remote chance of getting thru all the hoops and barriers states can make up to slow or prevent, you are good to go and there is no infringement.

briwayjones

Does anybody know how much funding the NRA put towards this lawsuit? The NRA is spinning language online making it sound like they are responsible for this, even though the suit was brought by MSI and others, when all they did was put funding towards it.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Does anybody know how much funding the NRA put towards this lawsuit? The NRA is spinning language online making it sound like they are responsible for this, even though the suit was brought by MSI and others, when all they did was put funding towards it.
    Don't know how much but if you go back to post #107 in this thread the president of MSI credits NRA for support for the suit, if that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom