• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70Sevens

Jun 4, 2013
    Would the fingerprint requirement go away too if the state doesn't appeal? Sorry just catching up on this.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Would the fingerprint requirement go away too if the state doesn't appeal? Sorry just catching up on this.
    Yes, it was part of the HQL statute just invalidated. This decision does not apply to carry permit requirements, which include fingerprinting.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is no small feat to keep up with the volumes of crap generated annually by the MGA. Enjoy the comparative lull, because the circus will be back in town here shortly.
    It's a fairly easy feat given how fast the new BS gets parsed here and then explained (ad nauseum) over and over and over and over and....well you get the point.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I’m truly curious why you think NY allowed it to get that far, then.
    NY had absolutely NO control in any of the appeals, since they won at all of the previous levels. It was NYSRPA that brought all of the appeals. Again, NY had absolutely NO control over if the appeals courts took the appeal, or if SCOTUS took the request for CERT.
    So, NYS and it's arrogance did NOT give us Bruen. The tenacity of NYSRPA did.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I would have thought the state would have already filed the appeal by now I am hoping the state will not file as if this goes any higher it will affect the entire county then.
    The State will take the full 14 days. If Dec 6 comes and no appeal has been made, then I will be really happy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I disagree a semi auto shotgun is better for her to use. but that is a discussion for another day.

I'm potentially down with the shotguns , but prefer the pumps . but that's a discussion for another day .

But the 10 year old news , is that shotgun or not isn't an exclusive choice , and Handguns are certainly on the table .

( Is it too soon to suggest having shotgun available as a additional weapon, in addition to the ubitquitis handgun ? )

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I would suspect that md has something sneaky up their sleeve. Like drop the hql but now require a maryland w&C permit to be able to purchase a regulated gun. The w&c permit does the exact same thing as the hql but gives the holder permission to carry .

The 77R already does the same thing as the HQL .

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    So, state police will continue to violate COTUS. Hhmmm....<insert argument police have no problems protecting their paychecks even when they know they'll be violating rights here>

I have a nitpick with the one paragraph:

Since former Governor Hogan called on MSP to end "good and substantial" reasoning requirements for issuing permits, handgun ownership applications have skyrocketed, according to police data.

They make it sound like LCL did that by his own thought. He did so only because of Bruen calling this pathetic state out by name.

But even then MSP did so not due to the ruling itself. So, if Moore decides to continue being a butt-hurt tyrant, will he issue such an order and if not, will MSP comply with Moore or the courts?

Find out next month. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The 77R already does the same thing as the HQL .
    The 77r needs to fall as well the bat’s already has a 4473 that has to be filled out. But then agan if Bruin Really gets applied the 4473 and background checks will go away if charged the right way. Our for fathers didn’t have ant paperwork or background check to buy their guns

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No, Moore can't give MSP an unconstitutional order, well he can, but it wouldn't be worth the butthurt that would prevent him from becoming US President. You can stop worrying about Moore's potential orders to MSP and start worrying about his higher aspirations. Biden/Moore in 24!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    2 weeks is not very much time to write such.
    2 weeks, as we know, is enough time for every single thing ever.
    NY had absolutely NO control in any of the appeals, since they won at all of the previous levels. It was NYSRPA that brought all of the appeals. Again, NY had absolutely NO control over if the appeals courts took the appeal, or if SCOTUS took the request for CERT.
    So, NYS and its arrogance did NOT give us Bruen. The tenacity of NYSRPA did.
    So, in the interest of heading off Bruen’s enormous impact (yay for us, but makes them crazy), they had no way to change NY law and moot it (as they did before) in order to take one for the Deep Blue team of states that now have to reckon with Thomas’s delightful ruling?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would suspect that md has something sneaky up their sleeve. Like drop the hql but now require a maryland w&C permit to be able to purchase a regulated gun. The w&c permit does the exact same thing as the hql but gives the holder permission to carry .
    I've always said that if you get an HQL it should serve as a carry permit since the requirements for it were stricter than most states' carry permit requirements.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    2 weeks, as we know, is enough time for every single thing ever.

So, in the interest of heading off Bruen’s enormous impact (yay for us, but makes them crazy), they had no way to change NY law and moot it (as they did before) in order to take one for the Deep Blue team of states that now have to reckon with Thomas’s delightful ruling?
    Why would they if they thought they would win?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    …..and MSP with no shame defends unconstitutional laws? Even after being told by the courts it’s so.

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/...w-md-news-federal-rule-appeals-supreme-court#

December 11th can’t come soon enough.

They aren’t defending the law, they are enforcing the law as written until the mandate is issued by the court. The governor can cry all he wants but MSP will have no choice come December 11th if it’s not appealed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    That sort of makes sense until you realize that Maryland is one of the few states that have anything like this, and Maryland's is the most onerous and restrictive. If they appeal, I'm not sure who they're mucking it up for...
    California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Washington, and Washington, D.C.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    …..and MSP with no shame defends unconstitutional laws? Even after being told by the courts it’s so.

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/...w-md-news-federal-rule-appeals-supreme-court#

December 11th can’t come soon enough.
    OH Jesus Christ on a pogo stick...
    This advisory that MSP put out has been discussed ad nauseum.
    MSP isn't defending shit in the advisory, they are simply stating what we all already know (or at least most of us who understand how this works), and that is the law stays in place for 21 days per the court. How the hell is that defending anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom