• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, state police will continue to violate COTUS. Hhmmm....<insert argument police have no problems protecting their paychecks even when they know they'll be violating rights here>

I have a nitpick with the one paragraph:

They make it sound like LCL did that by his own thought. He did so only because of Bruen calling this pathetic state out by name.

But even then MSP did so not due to the ruling itself. So, if Moore decides to continue being a butt-hurt tyrant, will he issue such an order and if not, will MSP comply with Moore or the courts?

Find out next month. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.
    MSP isn't violating anything....Yet.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    2 weeks, as we know, is enough time for every single thing ever.

So, in the interest of heading off Bruen’s enormous impact (yay for us, but makes them crazy), they had no way to change NY law and moot it (as they did before) in order to take one for the Deep Blue team of states that now have to reckon with Thomas’s delightful ruling?
    You are moving the goal posts. And you are confusing two different NY cases, one was NYC the other (Bruen) was NYS two completely different government entities.
    NYC is NOT NYS, so NO, they did NOT do it before. NYS, like Maryland, has to wait for the General Assembly to be in session, pass a bill, and have the Governor sign it to change the law. So to answer your question, in the time they had NO, NYS no real way to change the law and moot the case. NYC has a city council that can change the city's laws on a whim, and did so to moot that SCOTUS case.
    So again, NO, NYS's arrogance had nothing to do with this, no matter how much you want it to, it didn't. And really is that simple. Stop trying to make things harder than they really are.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    And here I thought I was a grumpy SOB.

Well, I still am, anyway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Moore hopes . But Male
    Have to look up Iowa , but N.C. has a " Permit to Purchase " .

Originally was intended back in the day to disarm most Black's and Indians ( Native American) .

Modern Era , most Sheriffs approve them walk in / walk out . Carry Permit holders are exempt .

Added - Just looked up Iowa .

They used to , but it went away July 2021 .

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky

The permit looks to be optional and is only needed to bypass the NICS checks with every purchase. If you have the permit. 4473 is still done, but no need for the background check. No permit = background check with your 4473.

crabjoe

Aug 4, 2023
    Ceciltucky
    Was at my FFL this evening and was told that MD filed an appeal. He said he heard it from the guys at Freestate range. I'm guessing it's just rumors... Anyone else hear anything similar?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Was at my FFL this evening and was told that MD filed an appeal. He said he heard it from the guys at Freestate range. I'm guessing it's just rumors... Anyone else hear anything similar?
    Go back a few pages and read. It's better than ... never mind

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Heard it from a friend who, from a friend who….heard it from another you been filin’ for cert…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Nope. Did not happen. And I would know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom