• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Well crap, with that being the case then even if the HQL fell I won't be buying any new handguns. I'm not giving them permission to my medical records.
    If WHEN the HQL falls, the medical record release goes away. The medical release was a separate form, but it was part of the HQL application process. When one goes, they both go.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Well crap, with that being the case then even if the HQL fell I won't be buying any new handguns. I'm not giving them permission to my medical records.

If you’ve done it once, it really doesn’t matter at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If WHEN the HQL falls, the medical record release goes away. The medical release was a separate form, but it was part of the HQL application process. When one goes, they both go.

Nope !

It was part of 77R process .

Source - The 10 years I didn't have an HQL , still had to sign off the Medical Waiver as part of 77R .

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think what he meant was if you never bought a pistol and the HQL goes, you would not have to submit to a medical record exam until you buy one

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

I wouldnt put much thought into it, its likely just long stay mental health reporting (example:involuntary).

Not some rando in a cubicle looking through copies of decades of whatever is in your manilla folder at all your private medical health visits have in them.

The latter would take forever to do for one issue, would cause a lot of grief between local.gov and medical health providers, probably cause a lot of legal issues and lawsuits, and create layers of more restrictive policy for local.gov employees to be able to look through that stuff.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in the days of in person interviews , the main thing they were looking for was prescriptions of Anti Psychotics .

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Back in the days of in person interviews , the main thing they were looking for was prescriptions of Anti Psychotics .
    Which in and of itself is a problem; antipsychotics aren’t just used for mental health issues.

Thorazine comes to mind; great for terminating intractable hiccups.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you for all the detail here. I really appreciate it.

I'm sure it is coming thru strongly in this thread that I really value my privacy. I think the only downside on the C&R sounds like volunteering to get on the Feds radar with the ATF (as opposed to just being on the MD radar). Although I'm not sure if there's a difference anyhow and I may be showing my naiveness here....they both likely have our data anyhow.
    It really doesn't put you on the ATF's radar anymore than purchasing a regular firearm and filling out a 4473 every time.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think I read here 8D and 6R appointed judges make up the pool.

Is it a simple majority vote, 2/3 vote, or does it need to be unanimous?

(I enjoy learning the workings of the justice system, but I hate the reason behind it.)

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    Simple majority.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    YES! They are passing laws they KNOW are unconstitutional.
    Prove that they know the laws they are passing, are Unconstitutional.

It takes years and taxpayers $$ to fight it in court by appointed judges. I think their goal is to take MSI and NRA broke with lawsuits.
    Well, the various State AGs are trying to do their job and defend the State and win. Not sure about making MSI, NRA, SAF, etc. broke.

I haven't heard, if MSI is successful in winning this lawsuit, will they be able to sue for legal fees?
    Yes.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    All incumbents should be scored on the number of laws they supported that were found unconstitutional.
    So, how may laws passed by the 2023 legislative session were ruled Unconstitutional?

I'll wait.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No, it wasn't, there has always been a 77e as an attachment to the 77R.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    So, how may laws passed by the 2023 legislative session were ruled Unconstitutional?

I'll wait.
    You know the data comes in arrears, and the best we could do is find analogues from recent history, or as we are discovering, other states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom