• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Heard on the news this morning that 4 murders in B-more city over the weekend brought the total to 29 killed in the last 30 days. that is a rate of about 348 year.
    So does everyone in Baltimore feel safer now that the "firearm safety act" has been in effect for over 6 weeks?

For the smarter guys here- is there a source to see how many of theses were firearm related? Or how many murders there have been since 10-1?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    As I said in another thread, FSA13 is working fine.

No firearms were harmed in the making of these corpses.

;)

We are not to notice such things. Our keepers have deemed us safer as a result of their heroic, insightful, and sage decisions.

Move along, nothing to see... and buy a copy of Pravda on the Patapsco to read with the Kool-Aid.

:D

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    These are old guns owned before Oct 1.

It's going to take a generation to see the real potential of this law.

You are absolutely correct! And I would not have been surprised to see an initial drop in violent crime due to the huge numbers of firearms added to the population in the year preceding SB 281.

BUT- your comment applies to an educated rational populace who have not been conditioned by years of TV shows whose issues are resolved in 60 minutes or less.

Rational, result based, scientific, logical thought is nowhere to be found in SB 281 (well, almost nowhere). I saw letters to the editor where the writer expressed, in one case in particular, relief that he would be able to take his daughter to the movies without fear of being shot like a pigeon (I think he used pigeons, it was awhile ago the letter was published).

My point is that IMHO, I think the populace will expect results soon, if not immediately. And every chance we have to publicize contrary results is to pro 2A advantage. "They" ignore logic, why can't we do so sometimes?

Besides, 29 murders in a month I think is way above average even for Baltimore (and this was just Baltimore city). Even if a rational person would not expect short term improvement, There is no reason to expect the opposite. Can it be explained by the emboldening of criminals due to SB 281 and the perceived disarmament of the population? It could be a statistical anomaly, but I think pro 2A should be prepared to use things like this during the upcoming session. (OK, probably useless in the session itself, since logic is suspended in the chambers, but if we could somehow get publicity about it to the masses??)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    dammit, we need better training for those HQLs and carry permits. I just cannot believe the MDSP signed off on those. No way they managed a 70% on a b-27. Now they are out hitting innocent children.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The city that's bleed'in when it ain't busy breed'in.....and doing drugs, and suckin' off the gubmnt titty (our tax dollars) until that titty is dry. And once it's dry, they loot and reak havoc amongst and against the rest of the populous.

FIFY

This gubmnt should cut those assholes off the titty and tell those assholes "You breed 'em, you feed 'em" and "No more food for your brood" and "If you gotta' problem with that, keep your fvckin' dick in your pants",

dammit, we need better training for those HQLs and carry permits. I just cannot believe the MDSP signed off on those. No way they managed a 70% on a b-27. Now they are out hitting innocent children.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just for the record, the comment after Lou45's.....was not a part of my original post.

It was added in at a later time. Not saying I disagree. I just didn't say it.

I'm on thin ice with some of the moderators and I don't want them thinking I said something I did not say.

Just say'in.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just for the record, the comment after Lou45's.....was not a part of my original post.

I'm on thin ice with some of the moderators and I don't want them thinking I said something I did not say.

Just say'in.

Yeah, I stuck it in there as it was indicated by me "FIFY".

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust

Just say'in.
    :innocent0 :D

Yeah, I stuck it in there as it was indicated by me "FIFY".

:party29: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom