• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    For those that own Vortex Optics, I'm sure you have heard about how great their VIP warranty is. Well... I got to put it to the test and I'm very pleased!

I have had my Viper PST scope now for 5 months. During my last range trip I noticed that the reticle was canted (about 2-3 degrees). For the life of me I could not resolve the issue. I sent the scope into vortex last Wednesday (June 3rd). It arrived at their shop on Friday, June 5th. The scope was sitting on my door step, today! Thats 7 days start to finish. OUTSTANDING! I didn't expect to see this for another week or two. I also got a detailed explanation of what was replaced and the reticle now looks perfectly level.

I was never asked for a receipt, proof of purchase, anything! :thumbsup:

I have no idea how the reticle became canted in the first place. My scope was never dropped and the rings were torqued to the recommended settings from them. While I hope I never need to use this again, it is nice to know that the company stands behind their product and takes care of the customer.

:party29:

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    Who knows, dude :sad20:

I'm going to call next Friday to see if I can get an update if I don't hear anything.

You shooting this weekend? I'm heading up to PG CO to shoot some trap with my old man.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    Yeah, I'm not even thinking about it anymore. Ok... that's a lie!

Dude, it was hot as hell, today. I was sweating like a nun in a cucumber patch out there.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    I have several Vortex PST scopes and agree their customer service is superb, however, it still concerns me that so many people have to use this service...

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    This is good to know. I just bought a vortex strikefire2 today. I hope I won't need to use it anytime soon but its nice to know they are quick and on the ball.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    NEVER HAD a problem with votex, eotech, and aimpoint. eotech took back a 10 yo model and refurbished after the dot went dim. Quality optics are worth the money.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I have several Vortex PST scopes and agree their customer service is superb, however, it still concerns me that so many people have to use this service...

I've had to replace 3 or 4 times now. Never a hassle. Never had to replace an optic because of failure of the optic itself. The glass just tends to break when it takes a sim round. Understandable.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy

Yes, in my case where the scope had never been dropped and the rings were torqued to spec... it was a little odd that the scope had the issue. That said, nothing is ever perfect. I'm sure there are a bunch of other big name brand scope makers out there with issues as well.

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    The glass just tends to break when it takes a sim round. Understandable.

Wow!

I read on another forum that a fella shot his bino's (no idea how) and vortex refused to accept $$, even though it was clearly his fault. Replaced them with a brand new set.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, in my case where the scope had never been dropped and the rings were torqued to spec... it was a little odd that the scope had the issue. That said, nothing is ever perfect. I'm sure there are a bunch of other big name brand scope makers out there with issues as well.

I don't know which Vortex PST scope you had. But I have heard of your twisted reticle problem happening a few other times with their Viper 1-4X scopes.

The glass with the reticle etched on it starts to rotate because of a problem with the adhesive (too weak or not enough or something like that).

7A38

BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    I don't know which Vortex PST scope you had. But I have heard of your twisted reticle problem happening a few other times with their Viper 1-4X scopes.

The glass with the reticle etched on it starts to rotate because of a problem with the adhesive (too weak or not enough or something like that).

7A38

I believe that is what they replaced. For the life of me I cannot find the write up that came back with it.

I have the 4-16x50 FFP MRAD

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Mainly because they sell a LOT of scopes.

Comparatively, you probably hear of a higher percentage of Schmidt & Bender scopes needed service. :)

jakeotts

Jan 26, 2015
    I need to send one back. The turret will free spin left{sometimes}, but have clicks to the right. I had to back it all the way out and then it had clicks going in. After 4 times at the range readjusting to find center, it's going back.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had one do that. I just scewed it all the way down and then as tight as I could by hand. Got me through a long range course. NO change in zero.

But Vortex wanted it back to redo the inert gas purge and to put some Loctite on the turret.

1 week door to door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom