• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    Does anyone have experience with the Vortex SPARC red dot on an AR? Good, bad, mediocre?

rnish

May 24, 2012
    What do you want to know...the 2x magnifier that comes with it is junk. Its not on anything that I would use if SHTF but for the price a nice target range red dot.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I have one and like it alot.

100_1641.jpg

100_1635.jpg

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    What do you want to know...the 2x magnifier that comes with it is junk. Its not on anything that I would use if SHTF but for the price a nice target range red dot.

I guess just bang for your buck. It's my fist red dot, so I don't wanna spend a boatload.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have one on one of my ARs and it is great!!! Holds zero extremely well and comes with a "no questions asked" lifetime warranty.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I've had one for about a year now, I would say its ok. I didn't have any experience with red dots and I knew this is a budget optic but I had an extra rifle without a sight so I gave it a try because I wanted to mess around with a red dot. Since I am co-witnessed it isn't a big deal if it goes down since i'll still have my irons on there but it hasn't let me down. There are a bunch of reviews out there which gave me a good idea of what I was getting but one thing that surprised me a little was the green tint on the glass. I don't know if all red dots have it but I have had non gun people pick it up and ask me if it is night vision, haha. I wanted something small and light like a T1 and so far it has been ok.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    The lithium batteries for the Sparc are hard to come by. (Similar to a 2032 but thicker). I've never seen them anywhere but online.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Vortex makes good stuff. I used to have a strikefire. Then gave it to my gf. Exactly a year later it started going in and out. Sent it back and had a new one or repaired within a week. She used it for a while then sold it to my buddy whos had it since and its been great. They are great. Hell it did better than my eotech 553. The tint is normal for the vortex. Its a lot worse on other cheap red dots. Aimpoints are pretty clear but if you look hard, they still have a ever so slight tint as well. Dont worry about it, both eyes open, you wont notice it unless you actually look for it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The lithium batteries for the Sparc are hard to come by. (Similar to a 2032 but thicker). I've never seen them anywhere but online.

yeah.. found them on amazon.. fairly cheap but hard to find..

op: i have sparc on my ar... they do the job.. no complains here besides the battery.. finding them can be pia.

335xi

Jan 25, 2013
    Thank you all for the great input. I will have a SPARC on my AR shortly. I think it is decent choice for my first red dot.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Nice review. Looks to be something that will meet my needs. I will definitely stock up on batteries :)

Yeah, I am still happy with my SPARC to this day. For the price I really couldn't ask for any thing more, for a range optic it does the chore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom