• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    An amendment was brought up in the house to add the option to register to vote with the handgun License application. Of course this was defeated, but it seemed to me to be a good idea. From reading this forum, it seems that a significant number of pro 2A citizens are not registered to vote. One side has done all it can to get voter registration opportunities at every venue possible where low information citizens tend to "gather".
    So along those lines, is there? or should there be something like a voter registration table at gun shows and sportsmen's shows and hunting expos?

I am thinking the logistics would not be too difficult. Registration forms are available in racks at the MVA offices. They could be filled out, collected and at the end of the event, turned in to some appropriate place.
    Isn't voter registration available online? Again, a table with internet access to help facilitate registration of an interested person(s).
    I am thinking Bass Pro special events- like the fall hunting classic, Something at Dick's perhaps, Silverado guns hows (there was a gun show last weekend in Frederick, and anther this weekend in Annapolis at the Armory. The Southern Maryland hunting expo, Frederick Sportsman's show, Range/sighting in days at the various gun clubs in the state. Meade Natural heritage Association has a range day on Sunday.
    Is it legal to offer voter registration incentives? Like a discount for range fees for sighting in, or for hunter safety course upon presentation of a voter registration card or on site registration?

I know there are members here who are "community organizers" - what do you think?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I'm working on getting together a voter registration drive targeted at gun owners. There is some minor training and certification required (takes all of 15 minutes at your local board of elections.)

Your ideas of setting up at gun shows, exhibitions, and range days are all good ones.

It is not legal to offer anything of value as an incentive for registration. A small pin or sticker is okay but a discount on range fees wouldn't fly.

More details coming as soon as can I sweep the morning cobwebs out of my foggy mind.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    I'm working on getting together a voter registration drive targeted at gun owners. There is some minor training and certification required (takes all of 15 minutes at your local board of elections.)

Your ideas of setting up at gun shows, exhibitions, and range days are all good ones.

It is not legal to offer anything of value as an incentive for registration. A small pin or sticker is okay but a discount on range fees wouldn't fly.

More details coming as soon as can I sweep the morning cobwebs out of my foggy mind.

I would be interested in helping out and getting certified if it would help. PM me with any details if possible.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Looking forward to discussing this with you. I am certified and ready to rock!

*** We are now entering a phase where we must sleep with one eye open at all times ***

chuckgregory

Feb 14, 2010
    on the block

I would be obliged if you could share this information after you've had a few cups of coffee.

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    Anyone who has not registered to vote does not have the right to opine about the quality (or lack thereof) of the politicians or the laws that they passed.

Unless one is motivated to AT LEAST VOTE, all the bitching and moaning is waste of everyone's time and energy.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I feel so dirty , after I click democrat I felt my IQ drop :D

I love my wife , she just said to me that she will change hers too and won't listen to any of the politicians . She said just tell me who to vote for in the primary , not even 2 minutes as a democrat and it feels like I am committing voter fraud

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom