• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Czechpoint has VZ 52 pistols on sale again (first time in a while). I got one from them a year or two ago. They were SLOW to ship, but it was worth the wait. I think I paid a little less, but it looks like they are selling these with a bunch of spare parts this time. Looks like they have original mags to boot as well available. I haven't seen these available in awhile from one of the big dealers, so this might be one of the last chances before you have to buy them on the secondary market. https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz52-pistol

btw... if you have one, you know these throw your tok food a country mile.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Czechpoint has VZ 52 pistols on sale again (first time in a while). I got one from them a year or two ago. They were SLOW to ship, but it was worth the wait. I think I paid a little less, but it looks like they are selling these with a bunch of spare parts this time. Looks like they have original mags to boot as well available. I haven't seen these available in awhile from one of the big dealers, so this might be one of the last chances before you have to buy them on the secondary market. https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz52-pistol

btw... if you have one, you know these throw your tok food a country mile.

Thanks for the post. I just ordered one with the NOS grips. Seems like a good deal from what I have seen at other places. He mentions adding $140 in parts too.

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Yeah, with the spare parts I think it is a very fair deal. I'd get one, but I already have one I got from them that is darn near perfect. I'm putting my $ right now toward CMP M1 Garands and some other items I think are going to get scarce soon.... besides, some things for me at least you just need one of and a CZ52 is one of them.... unlike Mosin's which you need multiples of.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yeah, with the spare parts I think it is a very fair deal. I'd get one, but I already have one I got from them that is darn near perfect. I'm putting my $ right now toward CMP M1 Garands and some other items I think are going to get scarce soon.... besides, some things for me at least you just need one of and a CZ52 is one of them.... unlike Mosin's which you need multiples of.

I'll differ on one point. '52's get lonely. One needs at least two siblings...:innocent0

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I had heard there were several "hot" 7.62x25 rounds out there but this info on Checkpoint's website clears that up...

"The vz.52 was designed for the Model 48 cartridge - the Czech version of the Soviet 7.62mm Type P pistol cartridge. The Czech M48 cartridge has a larger propelIant load than that of the Soviet military round or 7.62x25mm commercial production. It has been documented that the M48 cartridge possesses an approximate 20% increase in propellant load over that of the Soviet Type P cartridge."

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Glad they have some available, you should jump on these if you don't have one. Very interesting addition to your collection!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    "Good condition"

So I take it these will be pretty rough unless they have a different definition of "good"?

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I got the e-mail as well. I was thinking about getting one myself, but I was also wondering about the "good" rating. $295-$320 isn't horrible, especially with the extra parts. But I think I'm gonna look around and pick up one I know is in outstanding condition.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    "Good condition"

So I take it these will be pretty rough unless they have a different definition of "good"?

Yeah, I thought about this too. But the "best overall good condition," adding the parts they list and if the photos are accurate, I think they will be just fine. Considering Allan's has them for $315 and are considerably rougher condition it's a nice deal. I have not been looking on GB so I don't know their overall condition/cost thing though.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I think I paid $320 shipped for one in excellent shape with two mags from gunbroker about 2 months ago.

So they can be had in real nice shape for around that..

But:
    Turns out it is duracoated, which isn't ideal and I would rather it be original, but it does look nice.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    CZ vz 52 is an awesome gun and $320 is not bad. I shot mine at the range Saturday. Love the huge fireball at the end of the muzzle and the sheer power of this sledgehammer of a pistol with not super bad recoil and the thing is really quite accurate. Mine is a very rare early model all orignal and excellent condition and numbers matching with the dark blued finish before they went to parkerized finish that you see in most all of the 1953 and 1954 variants. Mine is a first year - 1952 marked, came with 2 magazines, cleaning tool, lanyard, and holster all original. Really unique gun (with the roller pins), fun to shoot, pretty easy to clean and field strip/reassemble.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Mine would be accurate if the trigger wasn't a gritty 85 lbs :)

I'll be correcting that soon, the proper way.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Actually, all 52's were phosphate when originally built to my knowledge. Some were blued when they were reworked (many were reworked over the years). There can always be exceptions to any rule of course but detailed pictures will tell the tale.

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Actually, all 52's were phosphate when originally built to my knowledge. Some were blued when they were reworked (many were reworked over the years). There can always be exceptions to any rule of course but detailed pictures will tell the tale.

That is my understanding as well. Instead of redoing the phosphate, they just blued over it somehow. My understanding is that in some examples that process produced a rather unique subdued blued finish. Just what I've read though awhile back when I was researching to buy one.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    One expert and old time importer of CZ 52 told be that the black finish (almost appears a very dark bluing) are not as common as the parkerized ones (maybe he was referring to phosphate)...most of these I've seen have an almost dull grayish coating. Also the vast majority he mentioned year marked '53 and '54. He also said that finding a first year 1952 was quite hard, and that he looked for like 2 years before he came across a first year - 1952. We were discussing various CZ pistols in that conversation as well as Makarovs in this particular conversation. My '52 shoots real strong, and surprisingly accurate, heck of a blast and for the money just a really nice military pistol to take to the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom