• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    A couple weeks ago someone posted a picture of a wrap they put on their vz-2008 folding stock. I was a bit skeptical of it because of the thickness and weird look of the king cobra weave. The workmanship looked great, but I feel adding that much bulk to the stock defeats the purpose. So last night I was messing with a piece of paracord and came up with a better solution (IMHO). I call it the Hobra stock wrap (half cobra, no idea if there is a real name for it). It rounds the edge off to provide a more comfortable cheek weld while not adding a ton of bulk. As you can see from the pics the ends are tucked under and the weave is on the right side. This allows it to hide when the stock is folded and provide a less noticeable appearance. Hope you guys like it.
    BB9EBB20-AF1A-4596-B80D-F9A4275D2DDC.jpg

930E6777-2621-4C43-B99D-C9E1154ADAAA.jpg

1D168102-96B6-4006-B403-60F8928EF194.jpg

C1CE0A46-2A4F-4C89-B48A-6000425C081D.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Wish I could figure out how to do this as that stock is damn uncomfortable. Any body making a sleeve for them yet?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Wish I could figure out how to do this as that stock is damn uncomfortable. Any body making a sleeve for them yet?

The tubes sold at places like Home Depot for wrapping your hot water pipes work well.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    You have my attention. :D

How much para cord did that you use, and what was the technique?
    Is it one direction, or did you go up and then back?

I want to put a fixed stock on mine eventually, but finding them is problem some. I may have to resort to something like this to get me through until the next opportunity to get the stock.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    You have my attention. :D

How much para cord did that you use, and what was the technique?
    Is it one direction, or did you go up and then back?

I want to put a fixed stock on mine eventually, but finding them is problem some. I may have to resort to something like this to get me through until the next opportunity to get the stock.

It is one direction wrap. I used a roll so I have no clue how much is required. The technique is two part but hard to explain. I will see if I can find something similar a due a picture tutorial.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I took some pipe insulation from Home Depot .Its inside diameter was too big so i sliced about 1/2" out of it lengthwise so it fit tighter and then wrapped it in black duct tape. It was perfect for a cheap gun IMO

e1609748ee0cb28d32a622d2c6d49714.jpg

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    That is pretty simple and effective. I thought about using insulation but figured it would degrade over time and add too much bulk. I just want the sharp corner to be rounded without taking off any metal. I guess you could use the paracord for emergency use also.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I took some pipe insulation from Home Depot .Its inside diameter was too big so i sliced about 1/2" out of it lengthwise so it fit tighter and then wrapped it in black duct tape. It was perfect for a cheap gun IMO

Got that third world look to it.:D

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    :lol:
    Got that third world look to it.:D
    yep,I bought this gun just because it was cheap and cheap to shoot. I've used all my will power to not dump money into for upgrades and it makes it more fun to shoot knowing ive got scopes that cost twice as much on other guns and they are a few bucks a round to shoot .:lol2:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013

That's pretty much what I did too except I used this stuff instead of duct tape: http://www.amazon.com/Gifted-Horse-...=UTF8&qid=1397005354&sr=8-2&keywords=vet+wrap and used it to add a piece of dense foam rubber as a butt pad too. Works really well. Especially if you fire 20 or 25 rounds of buck shot from your 12 gauge first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom