• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Ohio Ordnance Works has VZ parts and parts kits. I placed an order for a beaver barf fixed stock late Monday night and received an update that the package has been delivered. They had the wood stock and lower handguard and if they would have had the upper handguard I would have ordered those items instead Check them out. Seem to be decent prices.

I am probably gonna place another order for extra parts to keep on hand since I have heard that the parts kits are drying up. Better safe than sorry

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/vz-58-parts

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    anyone know of replacement barrels cut to vz2008 specs on the OD at the shank?

I looked and looked for replacement barrels that fit the bill, even just ones that were oversized so I could lathe them down to size, but no joy.

I ended up pressing out the barrel and having both it and the receiver melonite treated, but still it would be nice to have a replacement option

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    Was it a decent stock?

Yeah looked basically brand new. Had that good old cosmoline smell. It had a thin coating of it or something along those lines. Overall I am pretty happy with it. Make sure you get all the hardware that goes with it. Butt stock screw, front plate, buttplate, buttplate screw, sling swivel.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    FYI

I got my stock from OOW. Very nice. I was looking for something to get the folding stock screw off because my biggest screw driver was no match for it. I found this piece that came with a bunch of impact sockets I bought off eBay. It's a 1/2" drive Proto #5409. It fits the slot perfect and with my impact driver, the screw came out pretty easy.

IMG_0291s.jpg

IMG_0293s.jpg

IMG_0295s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom